My first marlin

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
Tucky88
Silver Member
Silver Member

My first marlin

Post by Tucky88 »

hey all,
just thought i would share this pic with you all.. it was my first marlin caught in a comp in batemans bay in the tollgates classic, measuiring in at 2.8 metres and 183kg it was the hardest thing i have ever had to reel in.. caught it on a shimano backbone rod with a TLD50 reel in the 24kg line class.. took me 4 hours to get it into the boat (which is very hard when your in a 5.6 metre tinny off the coast of australia with only 2 of you on board.. just missed out on first prize (which was a fully funded trip to Cairns for a week of offshore fishing) but was still good none the less.. get it taxidermied and is now hanging up in Dads shed at home (some 5000km away) oh and the lure in case anyone is wondering is a pakula evil twin in the 300mm size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

polcat
Seadog
Seadog

Re: My first marlin

Post by polcat »

Nice Fish Tucky!!
MAY THE FISH BE WITH YOU !!

CHEERS,

POLCAT
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

Tell him to get it out of the shed & put it in the pool room where it belongs.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

That is an awesome effort for the gear you used
Well done

Regards
Shaun
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Thai
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Thai »

What a dream catch there. I'm hoping some I could be taking a pic similar to that
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

crikies man that fish looks huge
Tucky88
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tucky88 »

hahaha yeah i have told him that i wanted it shipped with one of my removals but he wouldnt let it go.. he has no room in his pool room as its filled with team of the century prints..
i thought it was a decent effort on the gear i got it on.. would have rathered it take one of the lures that was attached to a tiagra 50W but it decided it wanted short corner more than shotgun.