I broke my baby

olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: I broke my baby

Post by olfart »

sometimes it's just easier to use gear you know will take the punishment, rather than what's trendy. Been using ugly Stik/ abu reel combo's for a lot of years, and never had them fail, I broke an Abu rod(old faithful 10yrs) on a lemon a few weeks back(my bad), got a new Ugly 10-15kg from Frenchie at a very good price. Brand new St Croix 14-17kg $199 at one of the hock shops, still got origional $269 price tag and StCroix label attached. The one in gray/palmo at the shops.

" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Well Shimano have come to the party and are replacing my rod under warranty 8) jackpot baby 8)

:clap: :clap: to Shimano and MO Tackle
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Hi Lats
Thats good news ,and its good to see a retailer get a pat on the back :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now to cross the xmas jewie off the wish list :catch: :catch: :catch: :rofl:

cheers
jeff
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

jeffish wrote:Hi Lats
Thats good news ,and its good to see a retailer get a pat on the back :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now to cross the xmas jewie off the wish list :catch: :catch: :catch: :rofl:

cheers
jeff

I bl..dy hope so. I have got 3 weeks at home in April get 1m barra and jew. Although I might have to buy them from Mr Barra :D
The misses has been on my back about over nighting on the East Alligator which I cant complain about 8) . Probably a few other
big rivers too. Gonna work the poop out my Minn Kota that's for sure.