Adelaide river

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
apolot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Adelaide river

Post by apolot »

This barra was caught at Adelaide river earlier this year on a large soft plastic. Fishing a creek mouth with hard bodied lures and catching a few nice barra to 75cm I decided to go deep. I put on a big soft plastic. Third cast I had a hit. A bit keen to set the hook I missed the fish. I've found fishing soft plastics it's best to give a little line on the initial hit by dropping the rod tip and quickly pull back on the rod to set the hook. I hooked this monster barra, having it jump clear out of the water on a couple of occasions only to have spit the lure right beside the boat.

I thought to myself, well that worked might as well stick to it. About 10 casts later had another monster barra, or the same one. Measured 1.09 metres
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Cmon Apolot a creek mouth is not quite precise enough and I cant quite work it out from the photo
GLS
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by GLS »

Great fish, I have had the same thing happen to me on occasion where you catch the same fish twice. wouldnt think they would want to feed after being dragged through the water by there lip, who knows? :cheers:
apolot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yep strange thing indeed

Post by apolot »

Yes, strange behaviour. Thought fish would have been spooked by being hooked, especially after a 10 min fight where it jumped several times and was nearly netted twice and broke the leader on the 3 rd attempt.

Just goes to show the importance of the person operating the net.

The fish was caught up stream from the boat ramp, it was in flood and it's high tide for those interested in details.

good luck