drivers in darwin

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.
Spook
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: drivers in darwin

Post by Spook »

I have been living here since 1974. Before that I was here for a year in 1964.
The standard of driving has deteriorated to hell in that time. Now we see those Asian rejects in their wannabe tricked up rice burners with the fat exhause pipe to give everyone the idea that they have reached the top of the wanker tree with a turbo'd 4 cylinder matchbox toy. By far the worst offenders. Running a close second are young females, who somehow grow balls when they get behind the wheel of a car, and drive 'way too fast. Next time you are cruising along and a little "hairdresser" car passes you, chances are that the driver will be female, under 25, and possibly applying lipstick or combing their hair while thay are at it.

Yes, I have been booked for speeding, twice in a driving period of 50 years. I have also been T Boned by an unlicensed driver in an unregistered car, and I was booked for driving without "due care and attention".................... Work that one out!

Like others in the NT, you adapt to the driving mindset of the day, and steer clear of dickheads!

BTW. I had another success with my "Hoon Camera" during the week. I hear that the Traffic boys have seized the car. Scratch another rice burner from the road!

And, the coppers have also defected a look alike NYPD cruiser (a liveried up Commodore with all the bells and whistles.)

Read the story here http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2012/0 ... tnews.html

If I wasn't doing this, I'd be Fishin'
MattyA
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by MattyA »

Camfish wrote:i've just moved up from Victoria. and walking around parmy im shocked at the blatant disregard for predestination and there life's, i've been in a few punch on's over the matter.

mate when you drive like a total F***wit and nearly seriously wount/kill yes i will have some abuse to hurl and if you pull over and get out i will clench the fist's

im shocked at the disregard for life when it comes to predestination's around pamy, mainly turning corners and running pedestrian crossings and red lights.
Thats fine mate, but the day will probably come when either you pick someone who is a bit more talented in the biffo department than you, or have a knife / bat / gun in their car to deal with this exact situation. Up to you Cam but I would probably give the pulling over and fist clenching away. There are more mature ways to deal with road incidents than resorting to violence.

Cheers

Matt
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Cam, before you get too far into bagging NT drivers, :roll: ,Consider this, the drivers you are talking about are probably ex-pat mexicans who brought their cr.p driving skills with them, right along with their arrogance and ignorance. :bbad: :idea: Just because the car has Territory plate on it doesn't mean the driver is a territorian. Give the number of blow-ins here now, you'd be hard pressed to find a 'local, but when you do, you'll know...It'll be the bloke/woman who didn't try run you over. :mrgreen: We're used to having to pull up suddenly for pedestrians.. Especially on 'cheque' day :wink: ..Something that most mexicans can't get their heads around. :? Go fishin' Cam, relax, and enjoy life :fishing: :catch: ..You only get one crack at it, why waste on second on being cranky. :cheers:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Not surprisingly, the majority of mexicans adapt well to the way of things up here, and are good to know, but , there are a lot 'ya wouldn't feed' and it begs the question, if as the Vic number plate states "Victoria the Place to be", why the hell are they here??? Just a thought.

I don't give a rats where anyone is from, as long as they're straight up...But ..If they start to bag my home, and try to make it a copy of where they come from...Well. :cheers:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Camfish
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Camfish »

i dident meen i pull over to punch on, just when im crossing the lights (on the green walking man) and some f@wit runs the red light and clips/hardly misses me, i will hurl abuse at the idiot. and when he pulls over and chases me down for swearing at him i wont be very polite after the fact that he nearly killed me and now he wants to lay his fist's into me because i yelled out to inform him he needs to re sit his driving license,

theirs one set of lights in parmy that it happens ALL the time. somebody will be killed at them lights soon (the one inbetween hungry jacks/movies and the shoping center.

i've also notices the idiots that cant use a indicator.

like i said im not slamming NT drivers. i dont know these idiots or where they come from. im just stateing that its all happening in parmy and its the worst ive seen across aus