What's the worst excuse you've had in darwin?

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.
Banana Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What's the worst excuse you've had in darwin?

Post by Banana Man »

What's the worst excuse you've had from someone or a business (no names) who's just given some sh!t excuse or reason for being a lazy bastard and not doing their job properly?

I'm getting sick of customer service in general being substandard and I really wonder how some people stay in business up here!

Three of my personal 'best' are;

- "Oh, I thought someone else rang you to tell you that your tennants are moving out next week. Thier notice of vacating is here in front of me." -From my 'property manager' (loosly termed, highly overpaid) last week. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

- "We cant align the spotlights cause its too hard to do in daylight" - From a well known 4x4 shop in town, also last week. Apparently they havent thought of a whiteboard on wheels like the MVR or they are just too lazy to shut the roller door for 15 minutes. Still charged full price though... :banghead:

- "Had to clean dirt out of the carby's" - From some sales c*%t a few years ago at a well known boat dealer in the territory when i picked my mates boat up after weeks in the workshop cause he was out of town... it was an EFI outboard... WTF?? :banghead:

I reckon it would be interesting to hear what some of the other excuses are that are getting thrown around out there, surely i'm not copping them all. Fair enough, the Territory's reknowned for its laid back lifestyle but this is rediculous! Maybe its why we drink so much!

BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: What's the worst excuse you've had in darwin?

Post by BEAR »

"It was the apprentice" i bl..dy hate it when they come out with this poop! they still charge tradesman rates so I erxpect a tradesman to at least oversee the job!
Banana Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Banana Man »

i haven't been dealt that one yet but i'm biding my time lol
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Had a single piece of stone for an island kitchen bench arriving. Only to come in 3 pieces... Stone bloke said "nah, that conversation never took place" even though myself, my partner and kitchen mob were in attendance... got it fixed in the end though.

I am so happy that I only have one kitchen...
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

you dont want a white one. car salesman when i was trying to order a new car, i tried 3 times to order one
but gave up and just bought one in Adelaide.

glad i did as i got what i wanted and it was 8k cheaper.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

BEAR wrote:"It was the apprentice" i bl..dy hate it when they come out with this poop! they still charge tradesman rates so I erxpect a tradesman to at least oversee the job!
\
I had a plumber and his 1st yr apprentice do some work for me. Plumber rate $100/hr. thats fair enough
when he told me he also charged $100 for the kid, I dont think so, p..s him off and bring in a tradesman
stuart
Seadog
Seadog

Post by stuart »

Telstra told me they cant send me a bill and I would need to call them each month for my total as I was in a remote area, Leanyer :)
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Overnight airbags that take three day was a good one ten years ago
Must have been a lot of blokes wages paid by this excuse back then
and you notice you never got it in the air bag
B@st@rds got thirty parts coming from the same wharehouse in three airbags and charge each person $20
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
SarahCat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SarahCat »

Can't really speak for Darwin, I think it's territory wide. Most people that give bad service dont own the business or give a fat rats clacker who they upset. There is a lot to be said for job satisfaction.
SteveB
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SteveB »

Some of those are classics!!! Oh how I miss the Territory!
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~Patrick F. McManus
BenH
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BenH »

""It’s the cost of transport""
If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard that!!
I bought the same quad from Qld, few accessories plus transport, $2500 cheaper than I was quoted here. Their response, “well buy it from Qld then” when I asked them to match the price.
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

"Not everything in the sale catalogue is necessarily in store..you'll have to order it in"...local large furniture store. Went up the road and bought same 'sale' item for $300 less and a choice of matching linen free.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

I went to a well known panel beater in the city, still had roller doors up and people around, although he time may have been 4.32pm. I asked a bloke if someone could have a look at doing some work to my truck, he's reply was 'how about you come back when we're open' then he was gone. No please, didn't even stop to speak to me. My reply was just as short 'no i f*&king can't. By the way, can someone recommend a a decent panel beater please?
Chris
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Go and see Sam at Bodyline in yarrawonga ...

mac10 wrote:I went to a well known panel beater in the city, still had roller doors up and people around, although he time may have been 4.32pm. I asked a bloke if someone could have a look at doing some work to my truck, he's reply was 'how about you come back when we're open' then he was gone. No please, didn't even stop to speak to me. My reply was just as short 'no i f*&king can't. By the way, can someone recommend a a decent panel beater please?
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

I had a local car dealer tell my my A/C was overgassed.. When I asked how as it had never been touched they looked at me funny.. I asked if it was making it's own R134 .. Dopy bugger said yer they can do that :-)

Same dealer told me I couldn't service my own vehicle or it would void warranty..ya not qualified mate... Dropped my resume on the service manages desk and asked if there apprentice was more qualified!! Never had an issue after that...
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."