Rain on the east coast

No barramundi here. Just snapper, whiting, samson, kingies, tuna ...
antfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rain on the east coast

Post by antfish »

With all the rain we have had in northern nsw the rivers are pushing out brown and it seems they where just getting over the last fresh but on the up side it has fired up the jewfish spinning. I had a quick throw today for 3 hook ups and 2 landings, no great size but some large models have been caught. Quiet a crew on the wall at Yamba and I thought they may have to issue tickets for a spot. So if your near a river affected by the rain it would be well worth a chuck

max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Rain on the east coast

Post by max »

2 hrs on yamba nth wall flicking BIG rubbers ,score 1 sore arm :D
antfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by antfish »

You where not the only one to suffer that fate today, caught a stack of weed myself.Noticed a lot of cars over the other side too.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Dont forget your really big bibbed hard bodies. The blokes in Port Macquarie used to make their own around 30cm long and score big time in the flood. I wouldnt mind betting the ends of the Hastings are both full with fishermen now.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Went back out on the wall again for the usual result :| but there was action as old mate fell 4 mtrs on a rock & in to the drink smashing his arm and scon + heaps of abrasions the chopper had to come get him.Some young fellas got a few small jewies right out the end but its very slippery & big sea I was using a big drop bear with different retrieves ,slow ,deep bit faster ,on top & the prawns are thick in the water & good size, pity i cant use my cast net here.I think bibbed lures would be a pain in the rs at present as their is a lot of weed about.The prawn trawlers are hanging out to trawl just outside the mouth but they have stopped them until the 11th as theres heaps of juvenile everything out there after being washed out by all the rain.
antfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by antfish »

Seen the chopper go over at work today and spoke to a few that seen it. It about the 3rd this year and some do fish from silly spots that they would struggle to land a fish from anyway. AS Lats says big hard bodies work and Bills Bugs are the number 1 here, just hurts a bit when you loose them
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Big mr twister style rubbers in pink/red. dynamite on mulloway in dirty water.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
bmurdoch
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by bmurdoch »

Thinking of you all in the floods
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

thanks mate but bugger all rain here in Yamba,the poor buggers down the coast & inland (mainly) from there are getting a flogging though.