Warbird Pics

Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Warbird Pics

Post by Angry »

Just for something different. lots here are mechanically inclined.

Temora has a Flying Aviation Museum which is about 80k from here, the owner is David Lowy of Westfield fame. he has a passion & a wallet to own a collection of planes. Some are on loan to the museum. Currently the Museum has 2 Spitfires, a Meteor, the only flying Vampire, a tigermoth, a Cessna Dragonfly (twin attack Jet), and have visiting P51, Hurricane etc.

Each month they have a flying day .

Having been talked into going to the "darkside" Ive just got a new Canon 7D & borrowing a mates 300 f4 lens, I went to shoot some Warbird pics.

Heres a few Hope you like em.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Angry

"I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you"

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Warbird Pics

Post by jersy »

Yeah,good work Angry. Great shots :clap:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Crackin' photos Angry, there's something about planes. Gotta love radial engines, had a good look at the guts of the one in the NT Aviation Museum years ago to see how all those conrods fitted on that little crank :drinking1:

Apparently they lost heaps of Superfortresses to overheating, a bit too much idling on the runway could be deadly on take-off, and the fire would burn the wing off.
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Beautiful shots Angry, I have worked on the Meteor and Vampire, long time ago when I did a little stint at “Restoration Flight” at the now defunct No 2Aircraft Depot.
Also worked on the original “Top Hat & Tails” 75 Sqn Sabre, is that at Temora now? What about all those firkin Winjeels that I learnt aircraft ground handling on.....are those pieces of shite at Temora as well?
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Matt Flynn wrote:there's something about planes
That says it all Matt. I love em, new and old.
I used to just hang out at mascot watching them
Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Angry »

Matt Flynn wrote:Crackin' photos Angry, there's something about planes. Gotta love radial engines, had a good look at the guts of the one in the NT Aviation Museum years ago to see how all those conrods fitted on that little crank :drinking1:

Apparently they lost heaps of Superfortresses to overheating, a bit too much idling on the runway could be deadly on take-off, and the fire would burn the wing off.
Matt, the problem with the Superfortresses was that to save weight they made heaps of the engine parts in Magnesium, that coupled with the fact that each engine was 2, x 9 cylinders radials stacked together when they caught fire the Magnesium would go up ....instant bonfire !!!

Blinky the Temora guys have restored the Sabre...got heaps of planes heres the link...http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/

If you want to see sore really brilliant pics of warbirds check the forum out its one long thread ....http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/600984/0 absolutely the best aero pics ive ever seen.....just flick through, I started 2 weeks ago,....I'm only up to page no 1725....
Angry

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Angry »

DOH double post...

Matt can yiou get rid of this...
Angry

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Blinky.. Them wingeels were still in wagga in 1988.. Fkn things..

When I was at 1ad in laverton we had a vampire getting around.. Sounded sweet..
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."