Manton

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Manton

Post by Matt Flynn »

Anyone know who the non-beer-drinking non-jerky-eating unsociable boat with the electric motor was when we had the Manton Dam night?

Scotty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scotty »

MAtt,
Scotty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scotty »

Matt,
I didn't get his name but he did say that it was a bit early for them (barra) when I asked them how they were going. He doesn't live to far from me as he followed passed my street. I don't think they did any good either :|

Scotty
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

If he doesn't eat jerky he is no good. :fu:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Tamlin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tamlin »

Scotty wrote:Matt,
I didn't get his name but he did say that it was a bit early for them (barra) when I asked them how they were going. He doesn't live to far from me as he followed passed my street. I don't think they did any good either :|

Scotty
Scotty,

We ended up with one fish (51cm) and a few strikes, but nothing I would get excited about. Unfortunatly I cant really hide with a boat the colour of mine.

Catch ya,
Tam
Tamlin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Manton

Post by Tamlin »

Matt Flynn wrote:Anyone know who the non-beer-drinking non-jerky-eating unsociable boat with the electric motor was when we had the Manton Dam night?
We were drinking beer and eating jerky, but I try and stay away form anything that makes noise. In Manton, if it makes noise then you may as well forget it, so I stayed well away and fished a couple quiet streatches... and quiet it was only one small fish and a few strikes with one jump off.

Catch ya,
Tam
Scotty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scotty »

Tam,
Well, there you go. Small world. Do you think doing some moonlight testing of the new motor might have put them of??? You really did miss out on some of the best jerky I have ever tasted though!!!(don't tell 2 Rods that) :cheers:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Beer

Post by Matt Flynn »

You should have had a beer with us Tamlin, I knew the fish weren't biting that night coz my elbow wasn't tickling - if the elbow is not tickling, I have a beer.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Manton

Post by Matt Flynn »

Fess up, someone must have fished Manton lately. Tam, you had a go?
Tamlin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tamlin »

had a go but nothing to show. The saltwater is getting too good to mess about at the dam now, but I will still give it a crack every now an then.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

spoke to chris at top end on the way home today and he said he got one fish of 87 cm last night but had to leave as the mossies were savage.
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Anyone been down in the last week or 2???? I am going down on Monday for a ski and might drop a line in while I am there just incase.

2rods

2RODS

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Was there Monday but the line didn't even get wet as we were having to much fum with the donut thing behind the ski boat... even put it behind the silver slapper...

am getting one for christmas i think

2RODS

As John Wayne once said:

back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

.................anybody been back to the swamp lately it would be a nice lazy place to go around crissy and catch a swampy....................

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chronic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Chronic »

Yeah without luck, dunno what is but its a hard place to fish. did see a small saltie though, Parks & Wildlife know.
Go the live-baiters!

Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer...