protest this saturday

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
Helifish
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: protest this saturday

Post by Helifish »

Aerial video of protest rally assembling for anyone interested

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWYDsJgamA[/youtube]

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

great pics and footage, helifish!
luke79
Seadog
Seadog

Post by luke79 »

I am still a bit speechless about the event... I left Dinah Beach pretty early and although it was a little busy it didnt seem too hectic, I took off up to Woods Inlet and waited out a few hours then made the trip back to the warf. I wasnt sure what to expect, I was hoping for a good turn out but I didnt know... As I was shooting across the harbour I couldnt really see many boats and then I looked over my shoulder and saw a good half dozen boats heading in the same direction as me, a few butterflies hit and then I got around the corner at the old Iron Ore Warf and I was gobsmacked, seeing all the boats, knowing everyone was there for a reason, the same reason as me. Like many people on here I am very passionate about fishing, it fills a huge part of my life, it has seen me through some terrible times in my life and it has provided me with some of the most wonderful moments in my life. Seeing so many people who shared that same passion pretty much put a lump in my throat.

What a massive effort from all the people on the water and also a massive effort from all the folks on the warf..
Great work from all involved, the organizers, the speakers and the supporters!

We all did the right thing yesterday, there is no way we need or should be imposed with any 'no go' zones. We know the water up here better than any misguided green sheep down south! We have a superb fishery that is constantly improving due to hard work done managing it in the past, present and into the future.

Thanks guys.
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

The sentiments of all no doubt Luke...Well said :applause: :applause: Top shots from Helifish :bow: got on the Wharf at 9.30 and watched it grow..Well done to all. :clap: :clap: :clap:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Chris Makepeace
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Chris Makepeace »

Fantastic!

Battle won...but the war still has a long way to go.

Thanks everyone.
Chris Makepeace
Executive Officer
AFANT
pmck12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pmck12 »

It was unfortunate that I couldn't make it due to prior commitments. :cry:

Looks like a great turn out. Well done to all involved. :mrgreen:

Hope the suits down south are listening.
Chris Makepeace
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Chris Makepeace »

Guys and Girls

Have a look at the letters, online comments and texts pages in todays NT News. As I said...the war isn't over yet. Might be time for some of you to return fire.

Rgds
Chris Makepeace
Executive Officer
AFANT
irish_gordo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by irish_gordo »

Great turn out! Was amazed at how busy East Arm Boat ramp was!!!

Couple of shots from the back....sorry about the quality!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Well said Luke....

Well done everyone. That was a great response...

And though it doesnt need to be said....and I know we are already vigilent....the more we insist on our autonomy the more responsibility we have as individuals to ensure that our fishing practices are directed towards sustainability and environmental respect.

Thank you everyone who got out there and flew the flag for us.....awesome!!!

and like Chris said....its not over.....better get back to the forums and spread some informed comment....
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

will get my pics up this arvo, i took about 50 throughout the day, will choose the best and get em on here
The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Chris Makepeace wrote:Guys and Girls

Have a look at the letters, online comments and texts pages in todays NT News. As I said...the war isn't over yet. Might be time for some of you to return fire.

Rgds
Take it up to them folks..The calm reference to established fact..Followed by a verbal b*tch slap has worked a treat with most of the twits parroting the AMCS media blurb. Love a verbal 'stoush', but for the obvious 'nongs', I use a line 'borrowed' from Angry's signature, I'm sure he would approve. :cheers:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

as promised heres a few photos of the day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE