Manton take two...

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
steele
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Manton take two...

Post by steele »

So went back last night for a allnight fish at manton last night with a couple of lad's from work who hadnt been barra fishing much. Few trailers in car park and no ski boats out at 18:30 so launched and headed for some shallow bays to the left of ramp. plan was to slow troll classic 160's at 3ft in the moonlight. Started off slow with no hits till around 10pm when i got a fat little 68cm fish. :)
The lad's then could rest assured that there was fish in the dam and we continued trolling under electric in around 6-8ft of 29.5 degree water. Well from then on every 45mins-1hour it was a hit,hook-up or fish landed untill around 6am when it went quiet....we ended up with 6 fish from around 12-15 hits/hookups...The lads scored a couple of fish each which was good. The largest was 74cm.... :D
Had a quick feed and decided to pull stumps around 7.30am and trolled back towards the ramp when a nice fish crashed my lure...after some good runs and a few half hearted jumps a nice barra was swum into the waiting net...It was a thick fish and would be close to a metre was the call...well the tape went over it and pulled up at 99.5cm :D
Few quick snaps and a good release ended the day/night with smiles all round.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Big Fish Action
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Manton take two...

Post by fishfanatic »

Ripper Baz.. :o :o .Unusual as to how silvery it is too, normally Manton fish are fairly green. Perhaps due to the last really good wet?
Congratulations!!!! :clap: :clap:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
JEDA1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JEDA1 »

Well done we were there last night slow as wind was howling it's tits off droped one fish. Devo
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Well done mate good to seeit released

shaun
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Nice Bazz. Seems that you have the Mystical Manton Bazzas sussed. look forward to seeing you nail one over the magic mark.
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Nice work Steele a few good fish from the fresh.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Excellent, got it worked out in 2 trips, well done!
Guns'n roses
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Guns'n roses »

great fish mate, and manton is one of the nicest places to fish, so quiet there!!!!!
Rustler
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rustler »

Great fish mate - well done :cheers:
BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BlueyNT »

Nice fish , I've been meaning to give Manton a shot .
But whats the go with night fishing there I was under the impression that the place was closed after sunset ,as per the sign at the gate.
Kev.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

BlueyNT wrote:I was under the impression that the place was closed after sunset ,as per the sign at the gate.
Kev.
I never seen the gate closed, although I always take the big skeleton key just in case.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BlueyNT »

Ok thanks Blnky

Kev.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
Fry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Fry »

what time does the gate shut there?
bl..dy nice fish too goona hit it this week i think Gunners you keen or what
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Fry wrote:what time does the gate shut there?
bl..dy nice fish too goona hit it this week i think Gunners you keen or what

It stays opan all night. I think that sign is there so that the backpacker and grey nomads travelling dont start staying in the carp park.

If for some reason you get locked in dont blame me. :mrgreen: