G'day

BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

G'day

Post by BlueyNT »

G'day All ,
Just joined the Forum a few days ago ,thought I would say hi and tell a bit about myself .
First off ,I live in Katherine and have been here since 1989 , previous to that I lived and worked in Jabiru .
Its been a long time since I've wet a line due to work commitments and other things that chew away at your time.
I have decided to get some fishing done ,and have just bought a bigger boat (4.1 mtr Sracer DLX topender )than my original craft ( 12ft no name tinnie).
The last few months I have been doing improvements and mods to the boat to make it more in line with my idea of a user friendly kit.

My Son lives in Darwin and I will be picking him up and we are heading either to Saltwater Arm or Corroboree depends ,I haven't done much fishing in the Darwin area at all ( two trips to the Perons on a charter 20 odd years ago) , so I'm not sure where to go . .Most of my fishing was done in Kakadu , which I know very well , but due to my Sons' limited time off would prefer some where closer for him.

Most recent trip was in May to Crab claw Island for three days with some friends from Victoria and my Missus , we had a great time , I had only picked up the boat the day before we drove up so , I had to learn it's habits etc . I borrowed some crab pots and caught a few muddies , which went down very nicely . Crab Claw is a nice location and I will be going back some time in the future also checked out Sand Palms on the way home so may look at hitting that location some time.

Well that's about all I can think of for now.
Kev.

I'm not young enough to know every thing .
Turtle
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: G'day

Post by Turtle »

Welcome to the forum mate, there is a wealth of knowledge on here, most people are willing to help ya as much they can with a bit of info and theres usually a few reports about of whos catching what and where.

Good luck with your fishing, hope ya get into a few. I dont think Im very qualified to give anyone tips just yet haha.

Cheers.
Fishing in the top end isn't just a matter of life or death, it's much much more serious than that.
Sheeby
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sheeby »

Welcome to the forum Kev.

My name is Sheeby and I'm a fishaholic.
jaslester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jaslester »

Welcome Bluey!! 'Turtle and Sheeby' summed it up..!lots of blokes here with a wealth of knowledge and more then happy to help.. and yes we are all in someway fishaholics**
Early to bed, Early to rise- Fish all day than tell big lies**
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Sheeby -your a blokeaholic.
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Heya Kev...welcome aboard
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
BlueyNT
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BlueyNT »

Mud wrote:Heya Kev...welcome aboard

Thanks blokes nice to feel welcome .
Will be heading to Darwin soon , I think my son and I will be giving SWa a shot around the 17,18 .19 th .I think the tides are right for those days. No too much movement.
Was going to do the 12th bit its big tides and Im sure too much movement.

How do I get a FFF sticker for my boat?

Kev.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .

Return to “Hi or Bye”