Local Wreck video found on Youtube.

Put fishing videos only here, general videos have a another forum below.
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Local Wreck video found on Youtube.

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Great marine life down there. Who said there is not good fish in the Harbour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmacDpPppt0

BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Local Wreck video found on Youtube.

Post by BarneyRubble »

This is awesome guys, congrats...Far off the coast?, by the looks you still got a bit of light down there so must not be to deep! I want to get into diving, any email address or contact numbers for me? Another question, can you tell me what that huge school of 'yellow' tail fish is?
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Not sure where mate. Was not me I just found this while trolling YouTube.

Thought I would share.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Thats one of shaun udens discoveries. Its out wide somewhere, they havnt been able to id the fishing boat yet. Shaun said it had an unusual transom and prop design suggesting it was an asian trawler possibly of japanese design. They said by the debris still present that it probably went down quickly and was an accident.

35m deep too.
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

I just love the fish hanging around above the divers. It's fantastic to see from that angle.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Yep. that one is no where near the harbour. In pretty deep water and covered in Goldies and big Trevally as well as Nannigai and some trout. Shauno is keeping it close to his chest and you can see why by the footage. It could possible be an old Taiwanese longline boat that used to work NT waters back when they were allowed and sunk by the navy as the super structure has been cut off but no one knows for shaw yet. :mrgreen:
BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BarneyRubble »

All in all, awesome find...And having the skills and equipment to investigate as they have must be awesome, I dont blame him for keeping it close to his chest as you said...Cant wait to get a bigger boat to explore and fish the harbour! I still dont think the wreck is that deep, due to the clear and light in the water.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

BarneyRubble wrote:All in all, awesome find...And having the skills and equipment to investigate as they have must be awesome, I dont blame him for keeping it close to his chest as you said...Cant wait to get a bigger boat to explore and fish the harbour! I still dont think the wreck is that deep, due to the clear and light in the water.
Its in at least 30m of water and I wont say the exact depths. That video is taken on extreme neap tides and the water clarity is as good as it gets any where near Darwin. Shaun is a divemaster so has plenty of gear to investigate what ever he finds. He has found at least 4 wrecks in and around the harbour as a result of his fishing charters and knowing what he is looking at on a depth sounder. He found the Dakota fling plane, The buffalo barge/ferry, a Indo ice boat as well as this wreck out wide. It goes to show that there is always something to find if you look hard enouth and the history of Darwin harbour makes this even more likely to find something new. :mrgreen: