GEGFC Kids fishing clinic

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

GEGFC Kids fishing clinic

Post by hobbsy »

Well I have been a member of the Groote Eylandt Game Fishing Club (GEGFC) for the past 4 years and I must say it is one of the best organizations I have been affiliated with 8)

Yesterday was the annual kids fishing clinic where all the little one's are divided into relevant age groups and are toured around to different information centers, such as knot tying, boat safety, learning to cast, a ride in the back of a police paddy wagon and we even had Steve "Starlo" Starling give a spiel on squidies :mrgreen:

This year was the first time our family was able to attend but due to un-for-seen circumstances, my wife and eldest daughter got stuck in Gove :banghead: No worries, my youngest daughter and I attended :applause:

My daughter, Bronte had a great time there and to top it off, she received a rod & reel (of decent quality Shimano), a back pack, some squidies & a knot tying book 8) 8) This was awesome value as the entry fee was only $50 :applause: 8)

Hats off to Bomber and the hard working fishing committee that make this a great club to be in, it really is a top-notch club for the kids in-particular 8) :mrgreen:

Insanity is a good place to hide from reality!

It is not how long the fish is but how long you have fished & how long you've wished.......