More Race Boat shots

Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

More Race Boat shots

Post by Angry »

We had the Barry Carn Memorial ski races in town last weekend.

Namesd after the skier who defied gravity & hit the bottom of the lake drowning in the mud the first year.

Each year boats from Vic & NSW meet halfway & ski race on the lake some of these things have twin turbo Big Block Chevies in em & are good for 100mph +

Skiers must be a bit :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: cop the whip in the ski rope of the first & last guy !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Angry

"I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you"

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Abu Yabba Doo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: More Race Boat shots

Post by Abu Yabba Doo »

Takes me back to watching the Grafton Bridge to Bridge when I was a kid....Used to sit out on the arms of the old mans trawler parked in the river near the Harwood Bridge with boats like The Judge and Top Gun hauling past at 160 kph a few feet away....Got to give it to the skiers :applause: ....CRAAZZY :o :o

I still havn't heard anything more sexy than a 454 at full noise 8) 8) 8)

Damo :mrgreen:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Angry »

Now those 454's are all about 470 / 500cu in & most of em run twin turbos, but the blowers sound better......

One of my mates is an EFI guru & they put an EFI system on a 480cu in Rodeck/Chev about 10 yrs ago, with twin turbos it had 16 injectors !! , was a bridge to bridge boat , I only saw the motor, but I saw the Dyno needle pegged @ 1100hp !!!
Angry

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Abu Yabba Doo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Abu Yabba Doo »

Jesus Angry that sounds like the goods!

Did he end up running in the 80 or Bridge to Bridge races??

Yeah I prefer the induction sound then the turbo howl anyday!!

Damo :mrgreen:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Angry »

It ran Bridge to Bridge dont kniow much about the boat, saw the motor on the Dyno....

heard all about the boat Mate got a run in it once, they dont some telemetry up the Hawksbury somewhere in a chase/practice boat , it had 2 x 200 outboards & the big block just marched away from it !!
Angry

Ibbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ibbsy »

Nice shots Angry. look's like they are moving.
Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Angry »

Thnnx Ibbsy they were doing approx 60mph then accelerating up the front& back of the lake to 100mph+ especially the inboards the two pictured here could really accelerate.

Click on the pics & blow em up & check out the whip in the tow rope on the first & last pics !!
Angry