Posting pictures: size limit

Tell us about software bugs - we'll fix them if we can
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Posting pictures: size limit

Post by Matt Flynn »

There is a size limit of 800 by 800 pixels for pictures, so if you are having trouble posting your pictures might be too big. Resize them in a photo program.

The other common issue is forgetting to hit 'Add Attachment' after you have gone through the 'Browse' process. Wait a few seconds and then click 'Submit'. Don't forget to write a caption.

Also, it would be nice to put your best pix in the album too - it's even simpler.

Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Photo Size Limits

Post by Shane Doevy »

I was not able to add photos as attachments to any of my posts or create my personal album as my images were too large.

I visited www.tucows.com and downloaded Ability photpaint - a shareware phot program. Then select - edit - image size - and change the size to 800 x 600 and save the photo - then it can be added no worries at all. I have even managed to add them into my posts. Much happier now.

Cheers
Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
shauno
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shauno »

I've downloaded Abilityphoto shop but am still having trouble downsizing my pics. I go to edit but all it wants to do is draw lines on my pics. :| ANy help would be appreciated.
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Shauno
sorry mate - dont use edit - open the image you want to modify - go to IMAGE - select IMAGE SIZE - and change it to 800 x 600 and save it and they will go in no worries at all.

Let me know if you have further problems.
Shane
shauno
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shauno »

Thanks for the advice Shane but I'm still having problems. I have a fit image box does that automatically downsize them? THe other options are full image 2000x2000 or stretch image to fit for small photos I guess?? Any tips would be appreciated. Don't want to p..s in ya pocket Shane but your fishing reports are great mate keep em coming.
Jay Burgess
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jay Burgess »

I'm happy to resize them for you if you email them to me.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Im afraid Im with you shauno
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Reszing

Post by Shane Doevy »

Guys,
not sure whats going on - i can edit the size of the image no dramas then they go into the forum straight away - if you want send one to me and i will have a go at it for you.
I know how frustrating it is not to be able to get your pictures in so let me know if i can be of any furhter help.
Shane