Secret lagoon

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Secret lagoon

Post by Matt Flynn »

Anyone got a secret lagoon? I don't want to know where it is, just tell us the river system and if you find the fishing is better than the more public areas.

Jay Burgess
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jay Burgess »

We got a fairly secret area on the Jones river (pilbara) that really only gets fished by locals in the know. Produces a lot better than the spots near cossack.
chezasnt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by chezasnt »

There's Palm Lagoon at Corroboree but its not much of a secret, has it been fished much this year now the place has had a good clean out ? Can you still get into it ? It shows up quite clear on Google Earth since they updated thier maps.
Cheza
pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by pagey »

I have fished coroboree a couple of times but where is palm lagoon???
cheers
Pagey
a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

palm lagoon is almost to the top of corroboree you will see the channel on your right keep the boat up on the plane as its getting a bit shallow as you enter it ,you wind through about 500 mts of narrow channel (watch out for boats coming out) then it opens out I was there a couple of weeks ago and trolled the usual haunts but found it very weedy this year so went back to catching rats in the main billabong.
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Secret Billabong

Post by jasonmcc »

I fished a secret billabong we found years ago with my old man. It was part of the finniss and we got to it through litchfield park. Not 100% sure where it is but im pretty sure. Fished it with a car topper and caught a few fish. Its really good having a secret spot. Wouldnt mind finding it again and going back there.

Cheers

Jason
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

T'was Four Mile Hole up until about 15 years ago when it was "discovered"!
We used to go there and never see another human being, including the Pococks. Now you have just about book a seat!
Still a beautiful, productive waterhole.......even if I can no longer have it to myself. :cry:

Jason, There's a few nice "unknown" billabongs around the Litchfield area, before Litchfield NP was Litchfield NP a few of the mates and I got some directions (with the help of some amber fluid) from the "locals" that used to live in the old timber mill. Absolute balltearing build-up fishing in some of them.

Sweets lookout is another nice spot to drag a lure through. Not sure what the status of the billabong is now, last time I was there was 1983 and a permit from the local tribe was required. Anyone been there in recent times?
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures