First trip in perth

Timmo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

First trip in perth

Post by Timmo »

Well after moving all the way from Darwin to perth :bonk: :banghead: and not being able to wet a line
me and the boy decided that it was time for a fish, not knowing where to go besides in the water we
headed to the local fishing store just around the corner and got some info and some beach worms then
we set of in search of some Whitting.
After a quick drive along the road we found a good Gutter next to a rock wall where some other fisho's
where fishing, after a quick chat and notice they where catching some decent size herring me and max
put some beach worms on the hooks and set off in search of some tasty whitting. Well it was not to be we fed
the fish instead of catching them but it was good to get out. the water was so blue and well lets say i bit
cold and the sand was so white after a llttle while we did end up getting one whitting but it was no more
then 5cm long but it was a fish at least and kept the boy happy. The wind was starting to pick up a bit and the
bait had ran out so we went for a walk along the beach and took some pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TIMMO
muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: First trip in perth

Post by muntzy »

G'day Timmo,
Not sure where you are in Perth but around plenty of options Swan River, North Beach, Sorrento and Hillarys there is some groynes, jetties and fishy spots around easy to get to and usually bound to get a feed of Herring, skippy or whiting with the odd Tailor around. The Salmon should not be too far away from arriving either.!!! Fremantle has heaps of options too. And theres always Rottnest Island great for a day trip. :mrgreen: Nice part of the country.
Cheers Muntzy.
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Nice pics, great spot Perth! spent a lot of time fishing there, looks like you might be at the little groyne near freo, or is it up north. Can get some good Herring off the beach there with a bit of berley. Sometimes you can see the big silver whiting cruising in the shallows, but it is a bit hard to catch them, very annoying. Try flicking along the banks of the Swan in Freshwater bay with some soft plastics, might pic up a good sized flathead, plenty of them there!!
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Emil
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Emil »

Grew up in Perth Timmo, know the place pretty well, and used to fly fish over in the Swan as well.
Cut my teeth at the North Mole in the evening catching Tailor, whiting,herring, trevally, and snook.
Walking the flats around the sailing clubs and Point Water was always good for flatties, if you could keep your gear away from the blowies! :hunting: :clap:
Smaller the lure the better in those days, but always had fun.
Let us know the general area you are looking at and I'll point you in the right direction.
Guaranteed to keep the kids entertained too! :)
:cheers:
cheers,
Emil