GS Marine still going?

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Re: GS Marine still going?

Post by Dingo »

XMD Walker wrote:
Dingo wrote:Prob need to update the web page I would say. I know the business was purchased by JAMM marine and will operate out of Winnellie.

I did ask if the creditors if they would be starting with the orders that were on the books. :rofl: :rofl:
Hi Dingo , Gs Marine now owned by Xtreme Marine Darwin, 153 Coonawarra Rd Winnellie. I'm sorry so many people lost money through GS but it would be unfair also for us to build boats at cost price for the people that lost there money. I will look after the customer that lost money through GS , but I need to make some profit or there is no point building boats.
Totally agree, Mate I was not having a go at the new owners and no one would expect you guys to do that, it is all a bit of tongue in cheek. It is quite complicated, it would have been nice when the crediters sold the place, they sold it with the boats on the books to be built, but that was never going to happen. I dont imagine their would have been much money around around the creditors take out their fees.

If you build boats like GS did and gave service like John Cooper at GS did, you will have no probs in getting your business up and running and selling boats. But I do think people will be a bit wary about how deposits are given. Forgetting about how it all ended, They were a great company with a great product and hopefully you can get that product back out on the market. I have a XM520TC and love it.

Good Luck and hope it all works out.

XMD Walker
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by XMD Walker »

XM500 rear centre with the following. deck wash, kill tank , Rear tackle locker , bait board , stereo , green , boat only $23500 I can quote with trailer & Suzuki outboard as required.
XM500 centre , live bait tank , deckwash , bait board , Black , boat only $23000
XMD Walker
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by XMD Walker »

Dingo wrote:
XMD Walker wrote:
Dingo wrote:Prob need to update the web page I would say. I know the business was purchased by JAMM marine and will operate out of Winnellie.

I did ask if the creditors if they would be starting with the orders that were on the books. :rofl: :rofl:
Hi Dingo , Gs Marine now owned by Xtreme Marine Darwin, 153 Coonawarra Rd Winnellie. I'm sorry so many people lost money through GS but it would be unfair also for us to build boats at cost price for the people that lost there money. I will look after the customer that lost money through GS , but I need to make some profit or there is no point building boats.
Totally agree, Mate I was not having a go at the new owners and no one would expect you guys to do that, it is all a bit of tongue in cheek. It is quite complicated, it would have been nice when the crediters sold the place, they sold it with the boats on the books to be built, but that was never going to happen. I dont imagine their would have been much money around around the creditors take out their fees.

If you build boats like GS did and gave service like John Cooper at GS did, you will have no probs in getting your business up and running and selling boats. But I do think people will be a bit wary about how deposits are given. Forgetting about how it all ended, They were a great company with a great product and hopefully you can get that product back out on the market. I have a XM520TC and love it.

Good Luck and hope it all works out.
Hi Dingo, I have 2 XM500 centre consoles here that were the last ever built GS boats if you know anyone interested.$23500 boat only. I am currently building a XM520TC which will be ready before the nationals if someone out there wants to have the latest Xtreme boat on the water. Service & quality is what I want for the Xtreme boats. I will only take small progresive deposits not $20K up front.
Thanks for your coments.
Happy fishing.
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

got any fit up mechanic jobs going there
luke79
Seadog
Seadog

Post by luke79 »

Those prices look alright..
XMD Walker
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by XMD Walker »

Hi Slapper1 , Sorry no mechanic's required as we are having motors fitted by outbard dealers.
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

any fit up , carpet , wiring , build trailers etc i used to work for GS a couple of years ago doing carpet work wiring and assembling trailers
XMD Walker
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by XMD Walker »

at the monent I will be doing fit outs until we get busy then I will look at a fit out crew
ken_dog
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ken_dog »

XMD can you post a couple of pics of the two C.C. you have in......cheers
XMD Walker
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by XMD Walker »

have a look on the gs marine web site that will show what the boats are like, they were out of the GS factroy. I'm only new to this forum stuff , I will need to learn how to upload pictures, any hints , Thanks