Should cracker night be banned?

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.

yes
20%
no
80%

Total votes: 10

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Territory Day is celebrated with an annual fireworks night where the public can buy their own fireworks and let them off wherever they like.

It's a lot of fun but people are often hurt and property is damaged.

Catlover

Crackers

Post by Catlover »

Its a great night to break out the .22 and shoot those pesky neighhborhood cats that have been eating my garden wildlife and p..ssing on my outdoor furniture
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Fireworks

Post by Shane Doevy »

The fireworks these days are so weak that it is amazing that anyone hurts themselves - i remember fireworks nights in south oz when i was kid and the groudn used to shake and i sure people got hearing loss - fiar dinkum they are cr.p now anyway but i think an education process and tighter controls are required. Then again there are some dumb arses out there who will hurt themselves no matter what you do so i have no doubt that eventually it will go the way of the other states and be banned - its sad really - all the great fun things are gone now - oh well thats the way it goes. it would be interesting to find out so actual statistics about how peope are getting hurt - is it faulty fireworks, is alcohol involved etc etc - otherwise how can an informed decision really be made.

Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Dan

Thanks For The Suggestion Cat Lover

Post by Dan »

I'll remember that idea for next year. The wild life in my back yard will thank you dearly. I'm so sick of finding dead lizzards, tree frogs and other dead tortured wildlife in my yard. I found one of my chooks (a resident scrub fowl) dead recently.

Time for some payback puss.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Crackers

Post by Matt Flynn »

The crackers are still going off in Stuart Park each night
chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

fireworks.

Post by chanos »

Sorry but I have so sympathy for anyone who gets hurt, dog runs away etc. It onbly happens once ayear......... manage it. I fyou are dumb enough to get hurt, maybe there was too much chlorine in your gene pool to start with eh.

And yes there are still dickheads setting off bangers but those are illegal and also easy to get at any time..................... Murder is also against the law but it still happens.

I love this place because at the moment you are stiil master of your own destiny to some extent. not like down south. I believe people should be accountable for their own actions and the only ones that need a bit of protection are children and the elderly and infirm. If you are too stupid as an adult to to realise what you are about to do may hurt or kill you, well so be it. .................. Called natural selection in Nature.

Any way just my thoughts.

Regards Chanos.
Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

crackers

Post by Matt Flynn »

I don't like the trend toward banning things either - but I would like to ban the idiots whose behaviour leads to things being banned.
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

Thats right - its always the idiot few whose actions spoil it for the rest of us - I'm living in Adelaide at the moment and let me tell you Cracker night, as dangerous as it may be, provides the little bit of lunacy we all need in our lives from time to time - its something certainly missing from the southern states and something i crave whenever i make it home..
Cheers,
Stuch.
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

banning cracker night only stops the responsible people it will never stop the idiots they always manage to to find someway to be an idiot banned or not!

BEAR