Stupid People!

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
bear-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Stupid People!

Post by bear- »

Gday all,
Lately I have seen some people doing some really stupid stuff while I have been fishing from Shady Camp :x I have been fishing shady around 3 times a week for the last 2-3 mnths with very poor results if I might mention :cry: What I have seen lately is quite a few people wading on both sides of the barrage up to there waist in water with even some socalled "LOCALS" setting a fine example by actually diving around in the water up to 20meters from the barrage :shock: now having fished shady for many years and quite a lot of that at night I do know that there are some very large crocs that inhabit both sides of the barrage with two very large specimens which are regulars there at the moment, when I see people doing these crazy things I can't help thinking that they deserve to be eatin. When I see this I do let them know the dangers but most people seem to have the attitude of "it won't happen to me".
has anyone seen these sort of stupid people in action if so please share!

BEAR

HUNTER/FISHER or FISHER/HUNTER depending on the time of year!

Post by Guest »

Their was a bloke there a coulple of weeks ago having a flick from the barrage, while his kid I guess about 5 was swimming, yeah I know, swimming in the fresh near the snags,, same day I saw a local almost loose his grip crossing the crossing, if the rocks didn't get ya i'm guessing the crocs would jst be ready to go a bloddied up fisherman.
Matt Flynn-
Seadog
Seadog

crocs

Post by Matt Flynn- »

Make sure you tell people if you see them doing this, some of them just haven't been told of the dangers, despite the many warnings. Can't say I recall seeing a croc warning sign at the barrage last time I was there.
Matt Flynn publishes the North Australian FISH FINDER biennial fishing map book and writes a weekly fishing report for Darwin's Sunday Territorian newspaper
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

It's amazing what people will do to try and catch a fish
or save a $10.00 lure.You can see it at Buffulo Ck most
weekends.Have seen kids paddling around in Scotts Ck while the oldies have been fishing,have also seen the same as you at Shady usaully all to try and save a lure.
You cant save the world from idiots and you can't teach people common sence.Most of the fishing I do is land based, I know the risk's involved and you keep them to a minimum, you cant be ignorant about the surrondings your in.
The one you dont see will be the one to get ya.
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
a_nomad-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by a_nomad- »

Was putting the boat in at buff creek on Sat and speaking to a bloke who was down there on the friday and saw a 3 metre croc out near the mouth, with a heap of cast netters up to there waist further up the creek.
only a matter of time i reckon at shady.
Nothing worth doing is ever easy
drifter_1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by drifter_1 »

I haven't seen this myself, but have heard there are a few guides that dive on the salt water side of the barrage retrieving all the lures stuck on the mesh.