SWA and middle arm

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
zulks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SWA and middle arm

Post by zulks »

SATURDAY

Headed out to fish round the wilshires on saturday launched at a very lazy 10am. Started at #3 on the top of the tide flicking small creek mouths/gutters had some luck straight up and landed a 55cm, then I proceeded to drop three fish in a row all easily over the 70 mark and all dropped on the first jump, dissapointment was an understatment. This all happened over an hour and at the same creek mouth before they shut down, moved on after this and drifted out with the tide casting to snags and eddies for zilch.
With the water pumping out now, headed out to the main river and spent next couple of hours flicking creek mouths managed to land a couple of rats and PT's. Pulled the pin on this idea and headed to #2.
Spent an hour trawling a couple of runs for nothing, decided to go back to flicking creek mouths again. First cab off the rank produced straight away landing a 65cm, a dozen casts or so later got smashed and peeled out to the center of the creek, called it for a salmon the way it took of, fought it for a couple of minutes with no signs of jumping and a couple of good clean runs, got it boat side and nope no salmon another healthy baz this one going 73cm. With the tide bottoming out headed back to the ramp while there was still plenty of light. Only 3 legal fish for the day but dropping a few bigger fish still made it a good trip.

SUNDAY

With the kids hitting me up to go for a fish decided to take them out to middle arm to have some fun bait fishing. The missus made me leave my lures at home so I wouldnt be tempted to have a flick. As fortune would have it the first gutter I went to had barra boofing bait. Threw the net a few times and got some mullet was tempted to sit at the mouth of the gutter and soak the livies but decided to go soak them on some deeper rock bars.
Got the kids all rigged up and they were on straight away with tyler as usual landing the first keeper on a squid bait, this went on for about half an hour with the pair of them landing about 10 fish they were having a ball. Finally got a livey down and it got smashed straight up and I landed better pan sized snapper then the missus got busted off twice, the livies were getting smashed every time they hit the bottom but landing one fish for every two livies they ran out pretty quickly so had to resort to squid with this the bigger fish turned off and we caught plenty of little stuff. Pulled the pin after a couple of hours before the kids had a chance to get bored. Was a good sesh for middle arm with snapper to 30cm ended up bringing home a good feed which the kids are always happy with because they get to say they caught dinner.

:cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

meterclubwannabe
Seadog
Seadog

Re: SWA and middle arm

Post by meterclubwannabe »

sounds like a cruisy weekend with some good fish thrown in! Nice :mrgreen:
Cheers MCWB
------------------------
no longer a wannabe....indaclub 15 april 2009 and stoked!
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

bl..dy hell those 2 bazz are stewie and bruce...hope you chucked em back mate
:D
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

some good fishing fishing there mate. well done.
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Top Stuff Zulks, Sounds like a top weekend, the kidss would have had a ball.
erudebill
Seadog
Seadog

Post by erudebill »

Good stuff Zulks.

Getting the kids into it early is great.
Fishing is a passion only fishermen understand.

erudebill

muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by muntzy »

Good stuff Zulks,
Barra on Sat (not pets out there too are they?) and Goldies on Sunday Nice work. Kids look like they had a ball.
Missus and I went out for a few hours to Middle Arm on Sat arvo, pretty quiet one rat barra, couple of rock cod and a bream. Few beers watching the storms :mrgreen: roll in was well worth it though!!
Cheers Muntzy.
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
Sheeby
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sheeby »

Good stuff Zulks. Sounds like a good weekend mate.
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

zulks wrote:SATURDAY

SUNDAY
The missus made me leave my lures at home so I wouldnt be tempted to have a flick.
:cheers:
:rofl: Gotta hate it when the misses is onto you :cheers:
Sy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sy »

Well done Zulks!

Cheers

Sy
Cheers

Sy
UNCLDUG
Seadog
Seadog

Post by UNCLDUG »

:mrgreen: Top stuff Bunji 8) 8) 8) I think you should change you name to MR CONSISTANTLY , consistantly great reports , consistantly great results :clap: :clap: :clap:
well done mate , keep em coming
zulks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by zulks »

itsinmeblood wrote:bl..dy hell those 2 bazz are stewie and bruce...hope you chucked em back mate
:D
yeh they're dissapointed you haven't been out to see them in awhile but i Kept them entertained :moon:
Faulksy wrote::rofl: Gotta hate it when the misses is onto you :cheers:
Yeh she learns fast after the last time I took her out for a bottom bash she ended up driving the boat and putting it in better positions for me to flick the gutters :D

Not my pets yet Muntzy but Im training them wont be long till their sitting on me shoulder eating mullet :lol:. Had a big storm roll in out there too in the arvo plenty of wind and thunder but it just fizzled and drifted away, was a good break from the heat though.

:cheers: for the replies