Tapa Bay

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Matt Flynn-
Seadog
Seadog

Tapa Bay

Post by Matt Flynn- »

Anyone had much luck on Tapa Bay barra? I've been fishing the rockbars and bays out the front of the creek and getting heaps of jacks, cod and some small barra on the mudflat nearby, but I can't find the big fish one would expect. There's some nice clear water out of the first two big gutters in the creek after heavy rain colour changes and we have caught small barra there. Also trolled a lot out the front and caught some coral trout, queenfish and GTs - an interesting place, but can't find the big barras. I'm told it gets netted regularly, maybe that's why.

Matt Flynn publishes the North Australian FISH FINDER biennial fishing map book and writes a weekly fishing report for Darwin's Sunday Territorian newspaper
Fred

barras

Post by Fred »

Never caught many big barras at Tapa Bay, but I've heard stories of others catching them. The creek has a billabong at the top so it should fish well. I think Turnbull Bay is better, or at least more reliable for barra, but you have to launch from Bynoe Harbour or it takes forever to get there. Tapa is great for jacks, and around out the front.