Show us your water crossing picture

Dex38
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Show us your water crossing picture

Post by Dex38 »

Thought I'd put up a photo of the kids and I crossing a small water crossing on the way back from the East a few years ago.

No snorkel, just a 50mm lift kit and some nervous moments when the bow wave picked up.

Dex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DNO62
Seadog
Seadog

Post by DNO62 »

Mate that photo looks like it was taken from someone's boat :surf: :surf: :surf:
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Not sure if I put this before but this is not the best way to cross the Daly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Granite Creek Apr 04. I slept in my car rather than cross :grin:

Regards Dick
Dex38
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dex38 »

Looks like I should have made the topic about water crossing mishaps.

I was lucky enough to have DNO offer to take my wife across as ballast :rofl: in his boat, therefore we got a few nice pictures.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Back on track :grin:

Fletcher's Creek about 600mm

Regards Dick
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Nothing to deep

But crossing the Pentecost is certainly one of the most scenic crossings in the Kimberley. 8-)

And crossing the King Edward to get to Mitchell Falls, What a ripper spot that is. :mrgreen:
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

nomad wrote:Not sure if I put this before but this is not the best way to cross the Daly

Those gubermint muddicas are meant to go anywhere!!! That was a brand new vehicle too eh!
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
bandit

Post by bandit »

this pic is from a few years ago, crossing the goyder on the road to gove.
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Show us your water crossing picture

Post by fishfanatic »

Me driving a the work ute a few years ago here at the Tanami after some nice flooding rain. :| Would not do this with my own vehicle :D
I was lucky not to have missed the track :o :wink:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

All work vehicles carry more load, go faster, never need a service and go thru deep water compared to your own unit.
:lolpoint:
I used to do 4x4 tours and you wouldn’t believe the number of people who wanted to drive thru deep water or into the surf ‘like they show on the ads’.
I now only do deep water if the vehicle has a pointy end and a motot hanging off the back
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

crossing magela at 1.2m, dont try it unless you know how to repair your own vehicle or have deep pockets :bricks: crossing water this deep requires vigilent maintenance but the fishing is worth it :mrgreen:
ajbear
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ajbear »

Some top class pic's here. Somewhere I have a video of a crossing I did at .9 or 1mtr that comes halfway up the bonnet of my hilux, few tense moments there esp with the boat in tow, I'll try and pull a few stills from the video and post them!
Just remember if all else fails "try like F##K" !!!!!!!
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

A couple of cracker pucker tightening shots there.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

BEAR wrote:crossing magela at 1.2m, dont try it unless you know how to repair your own vehicle or have deep pockets :bricks: crossing water this deep requires vigilent maintenance but the fishing is worth it :mrgreen:
You're right about the maintenance. Many people think that if they have a snorkel, they will be right. Not quite. The air filter has a valve in the base and that must work properly as well.
A blind across the front will also stop the radiator being pushed back into the fan

get a bow wave working and stay at the same speed, dont change gears or use the clutch