Manton Dam

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Matt Flynn-
Seadog
Seadog

Manton Dam

Post by Matt Flynn- »

Anyone parking at Manton Dam at night should not leave valuables in cars - a bottom feeder has been working the car park and they don't mind smashing car windows to get in.

Matt Flynn publishes the North Australian FISH FINDER biennial fishing map book and writes a weekly fishing report for Darwin's Sunday Territorian newspaper
Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

Does Manton Dam need a permit to fish at night or is this untrue? Don't they close the gates after 7pm or something?
thanks
John

Manton

Post by John »

I heard it was closed while they were hunting the saltwater croc that was sighted last week. Otherwise the dam is - or at least was before the croc arrived - open at night
Matt Flynn-
Seadog
Seadog

Manton Dam

Post by Matt Flynn- »

Manton Dam is open now and there have been some big fish caught - the tip is to anchor near rocks in the late afternoon and early evening and keep casting soft plastics until fish swim past. Hardbodied lures don't seem to work well there, although poppers have caught some fish.
Matt Flynn publishes the North Australian FISH FINDER biennial fishing map book and writes a weekly fishing report for Darwin's Sunday Territorian newspaper
Dazza
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dazza »

Can Manton Dam be fished from the bank ??
bILL

Manton Dam

Post by bILL »

The boat ramp is actually a good spot first thing in the morning before the boats arrive, i always have a cast before i launch and i have caught a couple
Dazza
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Manton Dam

Post by Dazza »

bILL wrote:The boat ramp is actually a good spot first thing in the morning before the boats arrive, i always have a cast before i launch and i have caught a couple
Cool !!! thanks Bill :D