Create a water mark/copywrite.

Ibbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Create a water mark/copywrite.

Post by Ibbsy »

Here is a is a tutorial that Nina put together for adding copywrite and saving for web.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGptKjnNUE

Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Create a water mark/copywrite.

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

That is a very good way to do it.
But of course I do it another way...
:wink:

Still in Photoshop and on Mac, if you select the Type tool, and then just press on alt/option and the letter G at the same time you obtain the symbol © (Might be another combination on PC but I do not know this one, does any one know it?).
Then I write my name behind it, in the chosen colour of the day, and then move it where ever I want it on the image with the Move tool.
Then flatten the layers and it is done.

Here is an example of what it looks like, with a pic done on Darwin harbour.

Have a good day,
Pecheur

P.S: And by all mean, I am not saying that the way I do it is better, I truly believe that any one should do the one that works for him or her. Basically what fits in your workflow.
You technic is pretty neat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Ps: I am not trying to highjack the thread, but think that if every ones who has a different technic to do it put it up, in the end it could be good for all.

So any way thanks Ibssy for starting this discussion.
:mrgreen:
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Thanks for the great tutorial Nina.

Pesh the copywrite symbol didnt work with PC so Ill have to google it to find out how lol

I tried it but finished it a little differently....by flattening the text onto a white background I made it an object that I could select with the magic wand. Then I used this selection on the picture to change the brightness in the shape of the text......

This is how it came out..

Thanks again for the tutorial Nina and Ibbsy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Ibbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ibbsy »

It is all about work flow. As I am watermarking everyday typing my watermark doesn't make sense. I just select the copyright brush from the brush drop down menu stamp it on and done in two steps, no typing or remembering shortcuts. :wink:
If anyone has a quicker way to do it please post as I said this the best I have found for my work flow so far.
Even better is creating a action to place the watermark and save it for web. Which is something I might do for Craig.
Mud flattening it is another option but I have found if you get a little bit more technical with your design it can miss edges of the characters/text. But it has worked well.
The shortcut for pc is alt 0169.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Perhaps I am missing something, but I would just use the text tool in Photoshop, which automatically creates a layer, and then change the opacity of the layer to make the copyright text less obvious and ugly. I would flatten the image and save it as a JPG for web use.

If a photo is valuable, it is important the copyright text appear over a complex part of the image, as it is easy to remove text from an image on a uniform background.

A copyright example is attached using the above description. I am not a Photoshop guru, so apologies if this method lacks expertise. It is easy tho and you can easily customise and move the text :mrgreen:
Ibbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ibbsy »

Writing in text is a easy way to do a watermark if you only have a few to do every now and again.
If you would like to watermark each image before it goes on the web, and you follow this tutorial after you have created the brush it is saved in your brush's palette from then on in. No repeat typing, just two clicks and paste it is there. You can change the colour or the opacity and place in any position on the photo as well.