Your 2012 NTMAG article ...

North Australian FISH FINDER TM is printed again in 2024.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Your 2012 NTMAG article ...

Post by Matt Flynn »

The February 2012 NTMAG is at the printer and I am now taking stories for the May 2012 edition.

Take your cameras fishing, snap some action, scenery and funny shots along the way, and write your first paid NTMAG story in 2012. I am paying $100 a page up to $400 for story. See the full rates on the separate post in the NTMAG forum.

NTMAG already has some great talent from FFF on the mag, and I am hoping to increase the number of pages for each edition in 2012, which means more people can contribute stories and earn some dollars.

I am keen on articles about remote area road and boat trips, and charters, as well as stories and pix about something different. Run-of-the-mill harbour and billabong stuff is good too.

Also nostalgia, camping, biology and history stories about northern Australia.

Main thing is to just do it!

Hope everyone has a great Xmas, it's all good here :mrgreen:

:drinking1: :drinking1: :drinking1: :drinking1: :drinking1: :drinking1:
:drinking5: :drinking5: :drinking5: :drinking5: :drinking5: :drinking5:
:chef1: :chef2: :chef1: :chef2: :chef1: :chef2: :chef1: :chef2:

Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Your 2012 NTMAG article ...

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Matt,

You have always encouraged people to be honest on here and suggest watts improve things including your magazine.

Well I sent you through an email relating to the jigging Deepblack and myself did at North gutter including underwater tuna shots asking if you would be interested. I emailed you four days before posting the report on here and I did not even get so much as a response from you. I think to ask for reports and articles then not to have responded to people is a bit rich. Not that I care really as the guys in here loved the post and it was nominated for post of the month by a fair few people.

The main issue is when I have spoken to others about that very subject they said before I could even finish the story that they bet I would not have even gotten a response. So if they are saying the same then there must be a communication break down. I would suggest lookin into this matter before asking for more articles.

Just my 2c mate and hope you see where I am coming from.
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

...hmmmm....

what it needs is an in depth expose of the mind altering manipulations utilised by baitcaster manufacturers to elicit fraudulant claims of product satisfaction from.........WTF! Why are you throwing things at me!!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Oh kinda like the zillion type R that we brought and were told when takin it back for repairs that its a fresh water reel only.
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

hmmmm for such a hot looking peice of gear one would have thought it would stand up to salt.....come to think of it Ive never heard of a reel that wasnt designed to cope with salt water......with a bit of soap and water afterwards. I just give mine a light hose off.
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

No good Mud. Your welcome to purchase the reel for a couple hundred. Every 30 odd casts you have to flush the salt build up out of the worm guide. That's where the salt builds up and the whole reel becomes hard to wind because of it.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Mr RB, apologies for not getting back to you, unfortunately I do miss emails occasionally and sometimes I take a while to reply, usually when I have a work backlog or I am on deadline with a mag.

Or fishing :mrgreen:

There has been quite a delay getting metre stickers etc posted over the past two months for this reason, apologies to any affected.

Occasionally a good article will be put aside and forgotten, any writer is welcome to remind about these, if I am not going to use it I will say so, but more likely it is on the backburner.

The jigging yarn could easily have been published, next time just email me a reminder or give me a call on 08 8981 0621 after you have emailed me.

Most good articles do get published, but there can be a wait of up to six months or so. If you are writing regularly it still becomes regular boat fuel/fishing money.
Mr RiverBabe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mr RiverBabe »

Cheers for clearing it up mate. Will give you a buzz next time.
Till
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Till »

Matt where can i get a subscription? I cant get the mag over here at Gove
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Gday Till - subscriptions are here ... http://www.fishfinderbooks.com/product_ ... cts_id/181
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

speaking of subscriptions did you get the change in PO box email i sent through? did a typo on the initial one matt :)