Luderick and/or Hottentot?

Rumour has it that some FFF members are spearos. It's time to come out of the closet.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Luderick and/or Hottentot?

Post by BarraBeast »

Here's a pic of the poor little bludgers I used as target practice over in Cape Town. They look at lot like Rossco's Luderick, we need CSI Miami onto this one.......

I had to test the new spear gear I purchased over there for the big yellow Fin tuna trip off the Cape. So I geared up at this place the locals call Millers Point. Loads of pan sized Hottentot(bronze bream) swimming around to keep me amused and test the new gun. I was tempted to swim out of the kelp and bolders into the channel but was advised not to by the guy at the speargun factory.......here's why.......

For Whom The Dinner Bell Tolls - Spearfisherman Shoots Attacking Great White Shark
South African Online news site Cape Argus Times reports a spine-chilling close call in the waters off Miller’s Point Saturday.
Diver’s spear repels great white attack
October 2, 2006
By Natasha Prince
A professional diver from Strandfontein has told how he speared a shark in its nose as it swam towards him with its jaws wide open along the False Bay coast at the weekend.
Joseph Johnston, 36, said he and a group of divers had been spearfishing around Miller’s Point - between Rumbly Bay and Castle Rock - on Saturday afternoon when a shark approached him.
Johnston, a fire department training officer and a rescue diver, said the group had been about 300m from the shore and about to move to another reef.
“We often see sharks and they never bother us, but this one was heading straight for me,â€Â
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
Whirly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Whirly »

Too stumpy to be a Luderick (or 'Nigger', as we used to call 'em) BB, though it certainly could be a long lost South African relative! Looks more like a Sweep species to me?
Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?