BarraBeast pops his jewfish on spear cherry

Rumour has it that some FFF members are spearos. It's time to come out of the closet.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

BarraBeast pops his jewfish on spear cherry

Post by BarraBeast »

The Beast popped his Jewfish on spearing cherry today After a get-fit-quick regime, and many a trip comming home empty handed.

The MV Dodgy is siting perfectly on the bottom at the Rick Mills site. Fair bit of growth but swamming with fish.

I saw 6 Jews milling around the JEW CAVE sign me and Dodgy painted inside the bow. At 14 metres and seriously bad viz and a current, it was hard work. I think I gained the fishes curiosity as it was looking into my bulging eyes big enough to fill the mask!

After pulling the trigger the fish went balistic which at 14 metres and out of air is interesting. I opted for the easy way out, choosing life giving air over ego, ripping to the surface to fight it form the float rope.

Gezz man, just like surface fishing, 400 pound mono screaming though my hands, yahoo

So I cant stress enough the importance of new artificial reefs. Gives fish a home and spreads the punters out.

total fish for the day were 2 large Mac's, a stonking golden trev and a handsome red emporer.

ps
left the other Jews unmolested for another boat load of fisho's to have a go at.

**BarraBeast supports reducing bag limits, cross dressing and shark dodging.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
noundz

Post by noundz »

Good stuff Beast :mrgreen:

Have not seen you on here much lately :-? Must be busy fishing or diving :mrgreen: 8-)
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Well done BB..now you have poped you jewfish cherry you can work on poping your OTHER cherry :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Might have to go out to the MV Dodgy for a look with some fresh squid :smoking:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

noundz wrote:Good stuff Beast :mrgreen:

Have not seen you on here much lately :-? Must be busy fishing or diving :mrgreen: 8-)
I'll be back in full obnoxious force after xmas. The councelling for my forum addiciton is wearing off!!! :catch:
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

nice fish beast, having never done spear fishing myself what is the adrenalen level like ?
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

SMITHY wrote:what is the adrenalen level like ?
it's up there with slapping an African Lion on the arse and running away.

The thing is, you need to slow your heart rate down to very slow, so you get a good breah hold and better bottom time. Uncaring sharks mess all that up when they approch to have a sniff.

You turn to the shark and say "DUDE, YOUR RUINING MY BREATH HOLD YER....@#$%@#$!! " :fubird:
jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

Good work Beast.
Did you get the Red Emperor on mv dodgy too?
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

jonesy wrote:Did you get the Red Emperor on mv dodgy too?
no there was a school of them on the Rick Mills main structure. I see heaps of juvenilles of most species on the inshore wreck, they must enjoy the protection of the more open reefs.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Well done BB - very nice jewie :mrgreen:

With a little more training you could have a jewfish filleted and bagged before you come up for a breath.

Got a picture of that red emp? Reckon it might be a saddletail - they look like red emps underwater.
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

emps

Post by flicker »

G day beast,thats interesting about the red emps, :shock: as you rarely hear of anyone catching them around Darwin, there has been a couple posted on here in the past but definatly not too common ,although you divers obviously know better. :wink:

Cheers Flicker :mrgreen:
you don't know if you don't give it a go
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Matt Flynn wrote:Got a picture of that red emp? Reckon it might be a saddletail - they look like red emps underwater.
oh my god Flynn, don't make me throw rocks on your roof late at night again. :rofl:

it's the same one as the fish on the 'Give me red' t-shirt. A friend is eating it whole tonight so probably cant get a photo.

I tell what, i did see a small half cod half barramundi cod thing. man it was bizzare. thin in the flanks like a barramundi cod but it had a funny shaped head. I shall spear one next time and bring it home for research purposes :rofl: :wink:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

BB, if there's a school of red emperor on the Rick Mills right now I am going fishing their tomorrow! Never heard of one caught at Lee Point before - but there's always surprises in the fishing game.

As for the barramundi cod, Sash Muller has seen them out there. Never heard of anyone hooking them though.

Next time take a picture so we know you weren't having a peyote flashback.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Matt Flynn wrote:BB, if there's a school of red emperor on the Rick Mills right now I am going fishing their tomorrow!
they are only small Juviniles and it's the first time I've seen that particular species there. the one i got was the biggest i could see and was only pan size.

didn't see a barranumdi cod, just something that looked similar but way weirder.

only get peyote flashbacks at night now, seeing that it was early arvo is was definetly a mushroom flashback and it has to be morning for an acid one. :rofl:

I reakon a long swim along the gas pipeline would be interesting in terms of fish life.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Well damn, that means I'll have to create another new award to accompany the new Hawkeye Lamb Shank Perpetual Trophy. The new one can be the BarraBeast Reds on the Rick Mills Cup :mrgreen:
tatie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tatie »

nice fish Mr Clancy. :catch:

whats with the gut shot? you tryin to pierce its swim bladder? :hunting: