back into the food chain

Rumour has it that some FFF members are spearos. It's time to come out of the closet.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

back into the food chain

Post by BarraBeast »

not content with life on the surface, here's Beastie hanging in another dark and seedy place, no disco balls or doof doof music here, just small fish being eaten by bigger fish, Beastie shooting bigger fish while the sharks cruze in the background waiting for their chance, not today suckers, got a fine feed of fish and the salt water is good for my complextion :grin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

great photos bb, that is a stonker jack and that quennie looks good. with the fish like queenies are they harder to target due to speed or are they just cruising around ? i would love to see a video of you scoring a fish with the spear that would make awsome footage :mrgreen:
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Reef

Post by jasonmcc »

Awesome stuff BB. Thats one nice sized jack. That looks like Fish reef, is it?

Jason
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
Ray Broughton
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ray Broughton »

yep awesome mate...

Balls the size of watermelons mate.. great work :mrgreen:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.........
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Great stuff beastie....looks like fish reef .....but I have never seen jacks like that when I go there :banghead: :banghead:

You must be half man half fish :rofl:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Lovely work BB i envy you :mrgreen:
Surely you have some story's of close enconters with sharks?
Image Image
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

SMITHY wrote:great photos bb, that is a stonker jack and that queenie looks good. with the fish like queenies are they harder to target due to speed or are they just cruising around ? i would love to see a video of you scoring a fish with the spear that would make awsome footage :mrgreen:
yep, queenies move fast, they come in for a look head on then turn sharply like Snap! (maybe it's my cologne), you only see a thin profile of them head on and get a few seconds to line them up. my dive buddies saw them come in behind every now and then, smart little buggers know which end has the eye's, I get that's why they grew to adulthood in ocean. most fish hate eye contact so one technique is to kneel on the bottom and throw sand up whille looking down. that relaxes them a bit then on one movement fire from the hip and go on a chase.

all species have their personalities that make me laugh. tuskies take off looking looking over their shoulder every few seconds like "dude what are you doing man? your making me nervous!", Cod flick their tales in your direction with an audible bang noise, then sit still staring straight at you, like "come on punk I'll have ya!!"

That's probably the last jack I take on spear or line. I dunno they grow slow and are special little fellas. plus they are too bl..dy hard to spear but bread and butter fish, karpow!
Last edited by BarraBeast on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

meter_seeker wrote: Surely you have some story's of close enconters with sharks?
thanks Ray, Jason, 2rods. yep the shots with the boiler in the background is SS Brisbane wreck. 2rods I'll see how I go with the half man half fish thing when I finally manage to mate with a mermaid. It may require a naked dive to attract a nice one, better wait for the build up when the waters not cold! :rofl:

Yep meter_seeker. There's no doubt Bull sharks are the problem child of the sea. the ones I've seen(even close to town like the bottle washer) have plenty of attitude, they aren't big but have broad shoulders and a "i've just drunk a six pack of OP bundy cans" kind of look in there eyes. One just recently came from no where, bam took my tuskie on the spear and was gone. The last time we got out of the water at bass reef it was because there were 2, seams when there is more than one they get competitive and wanna brawl. maybe it's a dash of small man syndrome to put up them them at first, it's knowing when to get out of the water thats important.
Last edited by BarraBeast on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Chris breaks cover from his hidy hole in the bottle washer at lee point, lines up a mack but it was too quick :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Nice work BB, glad that once again you didn't bump into a tiger :mrgreen:

The jack and queenie are stonkers - trophy fish for a spearo.

Conditions out there look great. Nice foters too considering the viz.

I read somewhere that bull sharks have the highest testosterone levels measured in any animal - no wonder they have got the rum glaze in their eyes.
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

one use for them , bully beef! :jester:

by the way, I reckon flicking a fly or anything small around the reef edges at fish reef between the weed beds and rocks will yield results, i was surprised to see decent size reefies lurking right along the edge in shallow water where the small surf brecks. fly fishing would go off for sure

:idea:
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

Matt Flynn wrote: - trophy fish for a spearo.
hey man I'm still a line fisherman! It's just like being normal but then I like to cross dress for something different :rofl: :rofl:

the build up's coming, then it's barra 'o' clock for BB.