Sparky looking for access to pig hunting properties

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
Doubz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Sparky looking for access to pig hunting properties

Post by Doubz »

Lads,

1 year ago I moved to Darwin and am still not having bugger all luck gaining access to properties to help control feral animal numbers. (Pigs, donkeys whatever the Cocky wants shot really!) So its come to this posting on the Safari forum to try my luck.

Before I moved to the NT I had access to two cattle stations in NW NSW (Bit too far away now!) where in exchange for hunting access I would help out with Electrical work, mustering, marking stock, mechanical and general maintenance work. I can provide references from both of these stations if required.

So I'd be looking to set up a similar Barter deal electrical work and help out in general to gain access to hunt, and make some friends along the way.

I have a quad, Landcruiser, love a beer, (responsibly of course) and although I don't have any dogs up here I'd love to go for a run with the fellas that have em!

Don't hesitate to give me a call.

Cheers,

Dave

BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Sparky looking for access to pig hunting properties

Post by BarraBase »

Good luck with that Dave its hard work getting a place to hunt up here the only way i got in was paying big coin and still get poachers sneaking in
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
sdc2300
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by sdc2300 »

the problem is a hand full of people are shooting stock , cutting fences , leaving gates open , so it stuffs it up for others who do the right thing
I do fossicking for coins and relics it has taken me over 2 years to get access to properties , I don't have guns , dogs or cut fences you almost have to kiss the pastrolists ass every day to to gain access
just recently in the past week someone has shot 2 buffs out bridge creek way and only taken the meat either side of the back bone and left the rest total waist now you see why it is almost imposible to get access
just a tip don't get caught on station land without permission they will have you charged
I can see where there coming from its there cattle , there life , so respect it
I see more and more station owners out every weekend in there choppers looking for poachers
If you aint living on the edge you aint living
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Try the Field and game mob - they do trips away for ferals. once you get in the door and prove yourself, you might go ok.
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Sent you a PM
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

...I was just about to mention you Jamie