Millett Red Dot Sight

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Millett Red Dot Sight

Post by fishfanatic »

Hey Guys,
Recently I decided to try something different and mount a Millett Red Dot Sight on my Marlin 336. Well the sight I managed to get for a good price ($140 AU) from US, did not feel like paying $80+ for a Picattinny Rail, finally found one made by Remington, got it from Queensland dealer for $65 incl postage. The rings well they came cheap all from Ebay (yes made in China $7.00) but it all fits together and seems nice and solid.* Important to note the red dot in this sight IS NOT actually projected onto your target like laser sights BUT can only be seen through the tube by the shooter*

Hopefully next week Ill get some time to go and zero the whole thing in. :)

The sight seems rigid enough and although it is a USA sight, it is manufactured in China also!!! The red dot (yes only red no green) has 11 brightness settings, the highest for bright sunlight, lower ones for dimmer conditions. There is also a button that changes the actual size of the red dot (only 3 choices there)
Just mucking about with the scope in the back yard the red dot picks up quite easily even in full sunlight but works better in not so bright conditions.
This sight does not have an auto off feature so one needs to remember to turn it off when done. I think I will be hiding a replacement battery inside the stock just in case.
This is my first experiment with a red dot sight all my other rifles sport magnifying scopes. Ill keep you updated once I zero the unit in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Millett Red Dot Sight

Post by goldfish »

Cowboy up with the lever gun.
yehaah grandpa. .......

good move on the spare battery storage idea its not much fun winging it off the hip on a trophy boar or buff at 50m.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Millett Red Dot Sight

Post by Matt Flynn »

Keen to hear about your experience. l haven't used red dot or laser sights, have to get a new rifle so might look into it. Do almost all shooting here at night.

Return to “Hunter”