Goose shooting what's your scores at

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Goose shooting what's your scores at

Post by Bellfish »

went to harrisons last night got 8 geese and a double on blackies also got 6 on sunday night

barrabustin
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barrabustin »

6 geese or blackies? I'm having the worst luck with black duck this year :(
barrabustin
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barrabustin »

Photo from the other day, 31 geese in the photo shot 19 more while cleaning them :hunting: my lab was wrecked for 2 days after haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mippa »

good stuff mate. few getting around now! pitty i cant shoot straight hahahaha.

you recon the geese are big and fat this year? the breasts on the ones ive got are huge.
barrabustin
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barrabustin »

Yeah they seam larger then the last few years
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

got 10 geese last night was a grouse shoot with the boys
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

Bagged out 20 before 630 yesterday and 10 This morning shooting with 5 kids.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Going well Jon
Still have not got out myself,operation next Wednesday and I might be able to play after that
Definitely missing the goose in my diet but in saying that I made 30kg of buffalo sausages today and they are tops
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
troamaru
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by troamaru »

How's everyone going? Getting many? I've bagged out a couple of times at different spots but doesn't seem to be huge numbers of birds around still. Saw some pretty wishful shooting by a few at Harrisons this morning lol seems some people don't know the effective range of their gun and shooting ability :mrgreen: . But each to their own I guess as long as you're having fun :D 8) :hunting: .
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

Went fora quick squizz down harrisons early this arvo with the old man. Heaps of injured birds around, we put down at least a dozen just walking the dam wall from the top and about two thirds of the way to the bottom of the dam and back. Pretty sad to see i thought.
troamaru
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by troamaru »

AJay wrote:Went fora quick squizz down harrisons early this arvo with the old man. Heaps of injured birds around, we put down at least a dozen just walking the dam wall from the top and about two thirds of the way to the bottom of the dam and back. Pretty sad to see i thought.
yep, so many poor old birds flying around wounded it's not a great thing, gives plenty of ammo to the greenies. SOme blokes need to pattern their shottys and get a better understanding of where the shot is actually going and at what range its effective to. I'm not saying I never miss or wound birds but I certainly do my best to avoid doing so :mrgreen:
Bellfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bellfish »

just I would throw this up for anyone who was interested but Darwin clay targets in Marrara have an open night every Wednesday from 4:30pm and its $25.00 for 25 targets and a box of shells I go nearly every week now to have some fun and keep my eye in and if you don't have a gun for a rather small fee you can use a club gun plus they have coaching courses for beginners just my 2 cents also maybe if we get enough members down there we can relocate the beer session just putting it out there
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

troamaru wrote:
AJay wrote:Went fora quick squizz down harrisons early this arvo with the old man. Heaps of injured birds around, we put down at least a dozen just walking the dam wall from the top and about two thirds of the way to the bottom of the dam and back. Pretty sad to see i thought.
yep, so many poor old birds flying around wounded it's not a great thing, gives plenty of ammo to the greenies. SOme blokes need to pattern their shottys and get a better understanding of where the shot is actually going and at what range its effective to. I'm not saying I never miss or wound birds but I certainly do my best to avoid doing so :mrgreen:
Yeah I saw some of the most ridiculous shooting I've ever seen at lambells on Sunday evening. Pair of blokes shooting at birds 60-70m away I reckon, shooting at birds miles away as they are flying over the swamp (one of my pet hates, if you're not gonna go in the swamp and get the birds, dont frigging shoot at it). Pretty certain I even saw a couple shots off hip at birds a long way off.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

AJay wrote:
troamaru wrote:
Yeah I saw some of the most ridiculous shooting I've ever seen at lambells on Sunday evening. Pair of blokes shooting at birds 60-70m away I reckon, shooting at birds miles away as they are flying over the swamp (one of my pet hates, if you're not gonna go in the swamp and get the birds, dont frigging shoot at it). Pretty certain I even saw a couple shots off hip at birds a long way off.
That's some pretty dumb shiit, people like that are going to stuff it for everyone.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

Worst shoot for the year - only 3, on shoal bay flood plains this morning - surprising quiet. I could still drive the car 3/4 of the way across the flood plains