Dog meat

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dog meat

Post by Matt Flynn »

Dunno what they are putting in canned dog food but our mutts won't touch it any more.

We feed them fresh pet mince now, with an occasional raw egg.

Anyone else's dogs ignoring the tinned stuff?

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Dog meat

Post by jeffish »

I've tried em all Matt , won't touch any of em .
Only eats steak ,chicken or mince ,and prefers the steak cooked .

wish I could get it to eat fish ,I'd save a fortune :fishy:
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

Ours used to eat the Pal canned stuff but now they raise their noses at it haha. I've been making doggy stews with chicken stock, mince, veggies and pearl barley. It makes around 2 weeks worth of chow for them and they love it has also saved us a shite load of $$$$ too. ☺
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

My mutt gets 500 g lamb liver, heart or kidney with 2 cup premium dry biscuit with a table spoon of coconut oil. Works out to be 6-7 buck a day. I wish he eats a can of the muck so I get a extra box of beer a week.

Friggin eats better then I do ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

Ha, glad it's just not us...ours eat a chicken wing or drumstick, tin of sardines in oil fresh pet mince an egg and a handful of dry food...plus any leftovers from us. Then they go for a run on the beach and sleep the rest of the day.
Bastards
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

jeffish wrote:I've tried em all Matt , won't touch any of em .
Only eats steak ,chicken or mince ,and prefers the steak cooked .

wish I could get it to eat fish ,I'd save a fortune :fishy:
My puppy eats tinned My Dog and so did my last dog . Both however won't leave my side at the fish cleaning table. I fillet the fish, and then shave the bones and give the shavings to her. She can't get enough . She has eaten goldie, trout, rock cod, thready and longtail so far 8)

Last time I was a North Gutter I brought home a brassy to cut up. She got a big chunk of fish every 2 days for a fortnight. Next trip it will be 2 brassy's :D
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Never feed our two dogs one a staff cross, the other a red nose pitty that tinned cr.p.
Dry food is just as bad as it's full of fillers and not good for them. They always looked skinny regardless of amounts fed. Always had skin issues with the Pitty

Went and saw Hannah at Aussie Pooch In Yarrawonga and feed them the All natural muesli that you soak overnight. Then they get 1kg or raw meat from Beta Meats between them (10kg minced chicken $30, 10kg minced roo $40)

We also blend up broccoli, sweet potato, carrots and beetroot raw and they each get a cup full per night

They both eat raw sweet potato or beetroot as a treat.

Never looked healthier and all skin issues are gone
trent
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by trent »

Why would they eat tin food when you mob are cooking up gourmet tucker!!
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

Re dogs and fish, ours love it favourite snack is a barra tail lopped off at the wrist, the pectoral fins and the bigger dog will happily crunch a head up no worries
Then lick her arse for a bit and wonder why she can't lick anyones face
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

My old lab would start doing donuts with excitement every time I steeled up a knife ,cos that's when she usually got raw fish off cuts- definitely her favourite tucker
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

My lab loves all fish, but will eat Goldies or trout frames before anything else. Just a bit cr.p when he sneaks a frame off for 'Ron'. Other than that chicken carcases from lends are a cheap feed for them.
Chris
rumluck
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rumluck »

Dunno about fussy dogs. Mine will eat anything eg. Fish heads, frames, Barra skins, mud crab legs and gills, banana skins, esky bungs, lettuce, cucumber, tomato. Can be chunks of meat/fish frozen solid too. They Absolutely go mental when scraping down the bbq. They get good quality pellets every other day. Canned stuff makes em cr.p more I reckon.
WheelerIn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WheelerIn »

I reckon you can't beat a mix of good quality dry food and buff mince and neck bones.
ADZ