bow hunting regulations?

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: bow hunting regulations?

Post by fishfanatic »

A crossbow may be different..but who the wants a crossbow?

It's called rivalry and stirring the pot. You obviously dont like being stirred :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:
Manton mad wrote:For the coment about the crossbow why are they so bad i dont understand why so many bow hunters hate the idea of hunting with crossbows

'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Manton mad »

Ease up bud it was just a question as ireally cant understand the stigma its all string at the end of the day :moon: :fubird:
fishing is my addiction there is no cure
Manton mad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Manton mad »

As ive only just got into hunting with string im open minded about bows an crossbows maybe in a few months i will be one eyed like the rest of the bow hunters in oz an hang poop on bow users but like i said befor im new to the sport an like both forms of string hunting so i dont think i'll get one eyed i love hunting wether it be with bows, crossbows, guns or dogs
fishing is my addiction there is no cure
Trapper
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Trapper »

fishfanatic wrote:
Davey D wrote:Gday fellas
im getting my brother to send up his compound bow and was wondering on rules and regulations for things like storage where you can hunt and in goose season are you allowed to shoot geese with a bow
You dont need to worry about special storage requirements. A compound bow is not a "Regulated Weapon" therefore exempt from any special storage. A crossbow may be different..but who the wants a crossbow? :P
Hunting well you can hunt on either crown land or private property. Private property will require the permission of the landowner :| :mrgreen:
Geese I am about 98% certain you can only legally use a shotgun - no rifles or bows allowed...not only that but the chance of securing an anchoring shot on a goose is pretty difficult with a bow anyway for most people. :|

ps Be aware that for hunting geese a permit needs to be obtained in the NT.
"you can hunt either crown land" - is this only the dedicated hunting reserves around Darwin, or other areas e.g. national parks? Because a compound bow is not a regulated weapon, is it legal to have it in national parks for hunting declared pest species?
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Birds are shot in the air with a bow and you have what is called a flu flu arrows that float back down to the ground and use what is called a judo point or a blunt not broad heads or field tips
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
saltpeter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by saltpeter »

FYI national parks are 'no hunting' areas. Just like baseball bats, knives or spear guns, you need a legitimate reason to carry a bow or crossbow in public.
Cheers
barrabustin
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barrabustin »

Because you have to fire a crossbow to unload it..
barrabustin
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barrabustin »

It's in last years good permits all fowl must be flying when shot.