Humminbird 788CI sonar gps opinion

Buy, sell and giveaway. Private sales and FFF sponsors only.
pelletouse
Gold Member
Gold Member

Humminbird 788CI sonar gps opinion

Post by pelletouse »

Hello guys
i didn't know where to post so I finally choose that section, sorry if i'm in the wrong section.
I just wanted some advice about this fish finder gps Humminbird 788CI someone is selling it for 250$ at the moment, I was wondering if it was worth it?
What do you think guys?
I have a Lowrance Hook2-4x GPS Fishfinder at the moment but i want to upgrade for something including a map where i can see where i'm going instead of using my phone with navionics.
thanks in advance
cheers

jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Humminbird 788CI sonar gps opinion

Post by jabsy »

Its an old unit, it is about 4 generations old. I have an 898 with about 2000 hours logged onto it, still going strong.

There was also a humminbird 998 and helix combo up for sale, I'd be tempted to go for something else like that

Either way dont forget you'll also be up for a map card. If that 788 has one it might be an OK buy.

There are a few new units at Road Tech Marine that come with maps (C-Map) , It might be bertter looking in that direction.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

My 798 CI came with an ok map, from memory. I'd choose and old HDS over that generation humminbird though if you're determined to go 2nd hand. The new hook sounders are pretty outstanding value rhough
pelletouse
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pelletouse »

Thabks guys for replying me back.
I think i'll wait and buy something decent soon
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

theodosius wrote:The new hook sounders are pretty outstanding value rhough
I was in at IOM yesterday buying some steering, the sales guys there were talking about the Hook coming with maps.
pelletouse
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pelletouse »

jabsy wrote:
theodosius wrote:The new hook sounders are pretty outstanding value rhough
I was in at IOM yesterday buying some steering, the sales guys there were talking about the Hook coming with maps.
My hook 2-4X doesn't have any map and I don't even know if it is possible to download it, maybe i hould and talk to the guy at IOM.
thanks