Lowrance StructureScan HD

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Lowrance StructureScan HD

Post by Matt Flynn »

PRESS RELEASE from Lowrance

LOWRANCE & SIMRAD INTRODUCE NEW STRUCTURE SCAN® HD

Navico has announced the launch of its next-generation sonar imaging system, the LSS-2 StructureScan® HD. Compatible with Lowrance HDS and Simrad NSS, NSE and NSO multifunction displays, the StructureScan HD sonar imaging module offers a new dimension in underwater, picture-like displays for more productive fishing, diving, and search and recovery.

Based on the innovation of the world’s first and only true DownScan Imaging™ technology combined with side-scan imaging, StructureScan HD includes an enhanced transducer design that features three dedicated signals for best-in-class crisp, clear views to the left, right and directly beneath your boat. The full-panoramic, picture-like returns are now even more impressive with sharper images of structure, fish, thermoclines and more.

The new StructureScan HD system also delivers a significant increase in side-scanning range capability. With the original StructureScan model, boaters and anglers have to choose between side-scanning farther with less detail, or scanning with less range to achieve greater detail. Now, with StructureScan HD, users will experience greater side-scanning range with no loss in resolution.

That means anglers and boats can cover more water faster, saving time and fuel while searching for productive areas for fishing, diving search and recover, and more.
When paired with the Lowrance HDS Gen2, StructureScan HD also supports the StructureMap™ view — a powerful, innovative tool that allows users to overlay and save sidescan sonar images directly on a chart in real-time, or create StructureMap charts for a complete and detailed underwater view all around the boat.

The StructureScan HD sonar imaging module is protected by a two-year limited warranty, and backed by the five-year Advantage Service Program.

The StructureScan HD sonar imaging module will be available for purchase in April 2012. RRP is AU$799 for the model that includes transom mount transducer. Other transducer options are also available.

FITZY
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Lowrance StructureScan HD

Post by FITZY »

i was at iom the other day about to buy the old structure scan but the salesman told me about the new one so i think i will hold off
ccc
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ccc »

Wish they didnt release this new Structure scan, now I have to upgrade :)
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Trier »

Anyone ever had a play and turned the transducer 90 degrees to see how it might go as a forward (and rear) looking sonar looking for obstructions?
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

The StructureMap and derivatives will be the next big thing in sonar. Very handy having a map of what you are fishing.

Dr Depth has provided bottom-mapping for a while, and cheaply, but now it will become mainstream as the ability is built into units.

So much tech in fishing now ... I was fishing with my daughter and she put down her rod and grabbed a fallen tree branch and said "I want you to tie my line on this, I want this to be my fishing rod!"