Keeping your swags dry

Balls
Seadog
Seadog

Keeping your swags dry

Post by Balls »

G’day all

This one is something my wife’s father made for me, it’s cheap, quick to make & an effective way to keep your swags dry in the boat. If you have one of the old canvas double float things (not sure what they used to call them) from the pool lying around & not in use, ( I didn’t) Keith picked a couple up at the dump shop or Op shop, not sure exactly where but he said it only cost him a couple of bucks. They are normally stitched down the centre to provide a number of independent compartments. Leave two sides & one end intact, cut one end & cut internal stitches on the inside from the open end until you get to the other end that you left intact, basically you end up with a large water proof bag. The ones I have could easily fit two or three swags in them. In the boat I face the sealed end forward & tuck the open end underneath itself to seal it. If you get waves or spray over the nose of the boat the swags remain dry, same applies for when you camp out after the end of the wet but often get hit by rain through the day, had them for a couple of years so far, either way wet swags aren't much fun & this has sorted it out for me, cheers Balls.

SCURVY DOG
cjgp
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cjgp »

A lilo is what you mean maybe?

That is a magic idea. Does your bag have rubber i it too? I am going to try it. They have those lolo things at the wave pool I think......
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

balls you really need to work out how to post pics man,,, all the info you put up is gold :bow: but a pic or 2 would make things a bit easier for us to follow, send us a PM if you need some help :mrgreen: keeping the swag dry is a big thing up here and there has to be something better the garbage bags :|

:drinking1: Harmsey
Balls
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Balls »

No worries Harmsey

Might have to take you up on that, we used to have a perfectly good set up for posting pics which my wife upgraded, neither of which now work & its definitely not my strong point & a bone of contention when bought up, Cheryl just changed over to braod band, so by the time I get home tonight I'll be really surprised if the PC has Intranet service.

CJGP, not sure what they are called, I just know you float around the pool on them, so they are water proof & definitely beat garbo bags, cheers Balls.
SCURVY DOG
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Good one

Post by fff1964 »

you can also use those big wool bail bags, that people use for garden refuse and can bins sometimes. But hard to get agood one.
your idea sounds better.

fff1964
phil.i
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Keeping your swags dry

Post by phil.i »

Here's the upmarket version.

Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

Great mate but where are they from?
Turtle
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Turtle »

Just drink heaps of rum and you wont care if your in a wet swag or not ;)
Fishing in the top end isn't just a matter of life or death, it's much much more serious than that.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

think there called lilows,,,Balls
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

jus drink heaps of rum and i dont think you would care if your in a damn swag or not. ive slept in stranger places i can assure you
The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
Sister Ed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sister Ed »

Only problem with "drinking heaps of rum" is remembering where you are supposed to be in the morning.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Davey D wrote:jus drink heaps of rum and i dont think you would care if your in a damn swag or not. ive slept in stranger places i can assure you
Years ago. I stayed too long at a pub just outside Orange NSW. I was on the bike at the time so I decided to sleep next to it on the ground, no swag etc.
Obviously not enough grog because I woke up about 3am covered in frost/ice.
:cheers:
phil.i
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by phil.i »

dirtyruiz wrote:Great mate but where are they from?
Unsure if your talking about the green one i posted?

i make bags/ swags ect. for a living.
Jackh
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Jackh »

hey Phil.i
do you make bags and stuff for people on the forum. i have a cheap bag that i keep all my tackle trays in and its falling apart. wondering if and how much it would be to make me a custom canvas or vinyl bag to keep all my trays in?? cheers