Barra Classic lure stats

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Barra Classic lure stats

Post by Matt Flynn »

HALCO PRESS RELEASE

As many of you have read in various media reports, there are plenty of claims of who
caught what in this prestigious event. For the first time ever, the Darwin Game Fishing
Club has published the results of what lures the Barra were caught on.
The results have shown that a staggering 70% of all fish caught on hard bodies were
caught on Halco and RMG lures (primarily the Poltergeist 80 and Scorpion 125). And
50% of all fish caught overall were on Halco or RMG. In fact 90 fish were caught on the
Poltergeist 80 alone.
These facts are in contrast to some media reports on the event, so these actual results
go a long way to providing a far more balanced appraisal of the outcomes of this long
standing, and highly respected competition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Barra Classic lure stats

Post by Faulksy »

Good luck finding one of those in the shops any time soon, from memory they got cleaned out before the comp last year as well.
Brent Matthews
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Brent Matthews »

Its sooo funny, its simple statistics that if 90% of the fishermen use polties then they will catch the most fish even if they aren't the best....

I've never caught a fish on the stupid things................. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: HONEST
Cheers
BD

'May your fishing spots be silted and your hooks on backwards'
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Faulksy wrote:Good luck finding one of those in the shops any time soon, from memory they got cleaned out before the comp last year as well.

:rofl:
They are in my tackle boxes..............
I prefer the Pearl & Pearl Tiger.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
double haul

Post by double haul »

I remember the day they were released those bl..dy things cost me a weeks pay. :rofl:
JC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by JC »

Any stats on the number of fish caught on Hard Bodied Lures Vs Soft Plastics
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

Who knows how much the poltergiest's were used compared to other lures, that would be interesting to find out. It is likely though that they would be getting kept on if they had been sucesssfull leading to them being used more. I would have though that classics would have been the most popular, but I suppose we are also relying on the fishos telling the honest truth about which lure they used, call me a sceptic.
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

Classics being the most popular at the daly? dunno about that.... :)

how 'bout them 'oar gees' though hey, I heard they got a bit of use hey Double Haul?
double haul

Post by double haul »

From memory i think there were a couple of fish caught on them nath, just not in our boat we threw them at the nomads trying to CONVERT THEM. :twisted:
dirtyruiz i think its a bit of a 50/50 split there apart from sponsored teams. Pine lime splices work up the top then guns n roses down the bottom. jc you should have read this somewhere buy now but the mongrels won casting squidges n doa terror eyes basicly the same as the nitro boys except they had a troll once in a while.