Monduran dam

robersl
Silver Member
Silver Member

Monduran dam

Post by robersl »

Hi All went on another 3 day trip up to the local dam 4 hours away had crappy 20kn sth east winds most of the time with water temps at 24 degree's fishing had been hard there in the week leading up to my trip spoke to quite a few people a lot had been there a week and not landed a fish we headed 10 klm up the dam and fished the back blocks the dam has changed a lot in the last 5 weeks dropping 3 percent to 26 percent i took my time as there are no real marked channels only the old creek bed managed to only make contact with 1 or 2 logs at low speed so no damage done i had a barra virgin with me and i got him onto a 98cm model i then dropped a nice fish that was it for day 1 day i landed a 94 cm fish in the sticks that was fun having to lock the drag and the spool with my thumb got him to the boat in record time and in the net before he could get under any submerged timber later that day i dropped a fish on a rock shoal that has just come out of the water on a modified slick rig will put a photo of that up and a photo of some of the structure we fish in the dam ast day just on sunset i dropped a horse of a fish just cme out of 2 metres of water and spat the slick rig back
All up we landed 2 dropped 3 1 had a swipe and a swirl and 2 Powertail landed
regards shane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shane
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Well done mate nice fish there ,that dam is getting low I bet everyone is praying for some good rain
robersl
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by robersl »

Hi Max yes and no we need rain but this dam is for irragation only not for consumption but they say the fishing is realy wicked at 18 percent less water makes channels and creek beds easier to locate fish but be warned carry a spare prop lol

shane
Shane
Bracey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Bracey »

Well done Shane,

I also hit the dam regularly and was thinking of going up there a couple of days ago for a day or two but I have next week off and will more than likely spend the whole week up there although the SE winds will be back by the looks of things, not that it matters too much.

About 6 weeks ago I did a prop and a prop shaft and in the same week another regular did 2 props. I'm keen to get a hand held GPS and mark all the horizontal timber that's now exposed out of the water for when the water rises again. Good places to fish when the water rises again!

We were up there the weekend before last and only boated one fish, which was 105cm, had another hook up which the fish straightened the hooks an had lost count on the amount of hits we had, not a good conversion rate, we live and learn.

Great to see you got a couple.

Cheers Dave
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi Robersl,

I had never seen a soft plastic modified like yours.
Thank you for the photo.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
robersl
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by robersl »

Hi Bracey i think a few more props will go yet but it is not called lake misery for nothing they are pulling fish off the islands in the main basin and bird bay on sunset pelicans working every where at the moment a couple of fish up in the 2 mile area as well have fun

Pecheur
The mod is something i am trying it is rigged so that if the hook sets in the bottom hook it will break free but is still attached to the main hook and you are not pulling against the fish

shane
Shane