Monduran Australia Day

SeekingBarradise
Gold Member
Gold Member

Monduran Australia Day

Post by SeekingBarradise »

The Mondy crew came from all parts and fished lake Monduran on Aussie Day Long weekend.

Good weather turned bad and we had 1 foot of water flowing through the camp site which resulted in evey ant in the camp site now setting up home in and around our tents.....

The 2 Silver back Gorillas had enough cow to feed a Sumo Convention.
Brian (Teflon) as usual was hard to track down.
Whitto was always up for a yarn or ten.

Nathan & Greame were typically relaxed in the camp and on the water.
Paul, Navi, Ben & Vinnie were doing huge hours with Brian. These blokes are hard core.

They had a few ring in Victorians with them that they managed to put on to fish which was great to hear.

Nath and Greame got a couple of fish which was one of Greames dreams as he has had some health battles of late so it was smiles all around when we heard he caught a couple of barra.

Brian got a few and so did the Magpies (Vinnie, Navi & Ben).

We dropped one at the last jump just before netting,,,damn. Then got gillraked by another beast. After that we had bream bites for the next with one 110cm beast seen after nibbling on the back of a plastic and it even missed the stinger i had out the back...Crickey. We ended up with Donuts which down here means no fish - and a wet ass to boot.

All in all it was great to see the Aussie Spirit alive and well with more Aussie flags hanging off cars and camp sites than i've ever seen before.

The 2 silver backs ate too much cow one night and were later both seen up the bank on 2 seperate logs with wet dunny paper......

Probably 20 fish landed for the weekend. Huge hours were put in to get them as there were 100 boats on Monduran which scared the fish and made for fickle bites. Yes 20 fish and 100 boats doing big days, that's how hard lake barra fishing can be these days. I'll chase up a few pics from the boys. A few 80's, 90's and early 100cm's barra were caught.
The boys have all the pics - i don't have them to load up yet.

Noisy lures were working well on points on this weekend with the B52 accounting for a few fish. The usual plastics caught a few as well with Berkley Hollow Bellies, squidgees and storm soft plastics accounting for a few fish.

Observations: Bite periods were noticed after dark and early morning - very early. It was noted that there were not many boats on the water at these times.

This is just a short report from the in depth one i usually do etc.
Cheers Lyndon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.