DAM HUGE LAKE

pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

DAM HUGE LAKE

Post by pagey »

During my return to the NT after a two year stint on Thursday Island i have spent some time visiting my parents in Gayndah near Bundaberg.

Whilst sitting around havinga few refreshing ales last wek it dawn on me that i was only a hour away from Lake Monduran, while i spent the next day trying to convince my 7 month pregnant wife that a few days in the heat fishing for barra would be a good idea one that she was not to keen on it only took a phone call from a mate in bundy to have the old mans boat hitched up and us both in the car.

Three days solid fishing in what can only be described as very hot with only one fish boated and going 90cm we called the trip short by one day.

We tried every trick in the book and all times of the day and night.

All in all a good trip and atleast didnt come home fishless. had multiple hook ups but fishing in tight timber is a challange and if you manage to drag the fish into open water they still manage to find the one snag to bust you off on.

Surpisingly we found the most productive time producing all the action was from 3pm till about an hour after sunset.

It was also surprised at the colour of the fish almost silver which i found amazing considering they are living all there life in an impoundment.

Would love to have more time to fully explore and work that place out

Cheers

Pagey

Oh and my mate only landed on fish which went 1m on the knocker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'
pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by pagey »

Also forgot to mention that from one end at the wall and ramp to the top where the main creek runs in as about 40kms one way.

Cheers
a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'
SeekingBarradise
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SeekingBarradise »

Nice work Pagey well done on catching a nice barra mate.

Thanks for posting the report.

Hey i'm interested to know what you thought of fishing Qld's Barra Lakes.

Is it what you expected?

Was it easier or harder than you thought?

Many people say " It's bigger than i thought it would be and i didn't know where to start".

You should have had a quiet week at that time. The caravan park and all 3 boat ramps are full over Xmas. Monduran has hit the boom phase with harder fishing to come in the future as a result. A stack of 1.2 and some big mid 1.30m fish as fat as fridges have been caught there this year.

It's a long lake isn't it?. Especially when many call it a pond ha all in fun.

There is a lot of timber in Monduran. Thousands of acres of it. A lot of big and small fish have been lost in the submerged forests. It makes angling for these great fish even more of a challenge, which keeps us coming back

Anyway mate let us know what you thought.
Cheers Lyndon.

ps i live down here (Qld) and fish the Lakes. I used to live up north.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.