Wider than the tinny!

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Wider than the tinny!

Post by Andy Grey »

This is one from last year April 2005 session at the South mouth of Nourlangie. I didnt catch it but its was a huge fish, it bottomed out the 55lb scales and measured 135cm. maybe looks bigger due to our increadibly small tinny!! Sorry about the pic quality the dirty lens was not from my camera!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Awesome barra Andy - what lure did it take and how did the trebles hold up to the fight??
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

That's a ripper fish Andy :eek: :smile:
Regards Dick
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

Yeah she was a big old girl not the nicest looking barra I think she was almost ready for the home in the sky as she didnt fight like you would have thought, she stayed low and was sluggish. The trebbles held up fine and it only took about 15mins to get in the boat she was actually belly lifted in as she was too big for our net! but she came in with no fuss, let us take our pics without hassle. It took a black and silver B52 cast just infront of the inside corner. The best part was watching the old girl swim away again:clap:
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
Jay Burgess
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jay Burgess »

Andy Grey wrote:she didnt fight like you would have thought, she stayed low and was sluggish.
Most of the big barra I've caught have been exactly the same. I preffer barra in the 80cm range for fighting ability.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

jeez jay I dont know about that the metery I caught down at clear creek went ballistic porpoising all over the place that was caught on a b52 also (great lure)
Jay Burgess
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jay Burgess »

max wrote:jeez jay I dont know about that the metery I caught down at clear creek went ballistic porpoising all over the place that was caught on a b52 also (great lure)
hehe the pilbara fish could be a bit lazy or maybe it was just a coincidence. Perhaps the next one I get will go ballistic like you mentioned max.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Think Jays' got a point if you judge the length by fight ratio (if you know what I mean) Those mature but smaller fish go hard for their size and can do you like a dinner.

Having said that its hard to beat being locked up on a 50 pounder on a short leash as it drags your boat back towards the snags and a smack in the head from the tail of a big green fish boatside :smile:
Regards Dick