Roper River 119cm

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
Nicademus
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Roper River 119cm

Post by Nicademus »

My brothers fish was caught down the Roper in May this year, not sure on the weight but length was 119cm. Put up a great fight with many leaps out of the water, one leap was about a full body length ....I wish I had time to take a photo!

The spot is easy to work out if you have fished the Roper, you can tell where by the background. Caught another at 108cm only minutes after, but no where near the size, so the smaller one didn't even get a photo. Brother caught both metre fish on a RMG 3 metre in a bleeding mullet. Of course I couldn't prize the lure out of his hands, and threw everything I had in my tackle box at them.....but none were as successful as the RMG! Consequently my guiding fees have gone up astronomically!!!!

This was after running around all over The Territory for 3 weeks on our annual trip....running away from the bl..dy cyclone. We really struggled to get any decent numbers, tried everywhere....Shoal Bay, Shady Camp, Bynoe, Roper. In the end we spent the final 3 days on the Roper & cleaned up. It certainly is a massive river to fish, very daunting....but you need to go down to 'the salt', always produces...just have to find them is the problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Enjoy what the Territory has to offer guys, as the rest just doesn't compare!
Nicademus
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mouth of Tommycut

Post by Nicademus »

Here's a photo taken on the same trip......sunset at the mouth of Tommycut.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gold Can
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gold Can »

it doesn't get any better
The way to a fishermans heart is through his fly!!
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

nice fish, gotta love the NT :mrgreen:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Biggun

Post by Matt Flynn »

This metre club is getting me down, I'm getting jealous
Nicademus
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nicademus »

You are not the only one Matt......I am still yet to get mine!

I lived in The Territory for 3 years, and my best effort so far is 99cm....measured flat mind you. At the time I thought if I don't cheat then there will be a metre one just around the corner...I think that was two years ago!

And as for the boof head above......I have got him 3 now. 107cm at Awoonga Dam, and two on the trip above.

But its a funny thing....while ever I have that target sitting there it will keep me coming back each year to 'The Territory'...so that can only be a good thing!

Cheers,

Nick