New mtr club member.

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

New mtr club member.

Post by seano »

Went down to Buff yesterday with my mate Dan -whom I have been taking fishing now for over a year now. -Dan was a very inexperienced newby who was really keen to learn and being good company,became my regular fishing bud .Over the past year Dan has gone from not being able to tie a knot to a pretty good fisho whom last year caught a 97cm barra on a popper- the first time he used one and has a few other nice fish under his belt- big queenies- good barra and threadies too. Anyway yesterday at Buff he caught his first metry- we had been there for an hour and a half and bait was very hard to come by-I had given up and was tossing a lure around and dan was usind a dollar fish for bait. I had a brief hook-up with a reasonable fish on the turn of the tide but only ended up with a scale on my hook! When the tide started coming in we moved spots to fish a small eddie near a tiny creek. I decided to try for bait and threw the net in -rope and all! after about 5 mins I manage to hook the the net and retrieve it ,and of course it was snagged and I ripped a big hole in it :| Luckily it had a nice 8inch mullet in it so I said to Dan -here you have it I said as last time I only got one bait I used it and caught a big barra 8) I said to him -just be patient if you wait long enough you will get a barra :wink: So we were just standing there chatting when the mullet got boofed ! After a few seconds of panic because the line had some how got itself looped around his reel, Dan had it under control-I could tell it was big by the way it powered off- Dan did a great job not panicing and stayed calm and After few minutes and some powerful short runs Dan led the beaten fish to the bank- he was stoked -she was 109cm and chrome with bright yellow fins- beautiful! He kept the fish as it was his first -but said after that if he ever catches another over the magic metre mark he will release it to fight another day. We celebrated with a beer :cheers: Happy days.

dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: New mtr club member.

Post by dirtyruiz »

Great story, well done to your mate and sorry about your net...
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Congratullation Dan!!!
:applause:

Have a good day,
Pecheur

And here is the proof in picture:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

Well done fellas. You seem to have Buff creek absolutely sussed. (besides the castnetting! :D )

Good work! :cheers:
Rustler
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rustler »

Great fish - well done!
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jersy »

8) :bow: :mrgreen:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Stonker ,well done & good of you to give him the mullet
timwicks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by timwicks »

Well done Dan, nice catch
Wicksy

“I think I got off on the wrong planet. Beam me up Scotty, there's no rational life here."
--- Robert Anton Wilson
Dyslexics Of The World Untie.
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

8) 8) :clap: :clap: :clap: :applause:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
Webby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Webby »

well done mate, bet those beers tasted good after that.
COOPS
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by COOPS »

good stuff, there was a heap of boofing going on in buff creek yesterday on the incoming tide