First Metery!! Just snuck in by a chin of a barra!!

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
rammers

First Metery!! Just snuck in by a chin of a barra!!

Post by rammers »

Gday fishos!!

Well im very proud to say that im now part of the meter club!! 8-) 8-)
To be perfectly honest Lady luck was on my side!!!

Slapper1 was kind enough to show myself and ozedodge the 4wd track into the Finniss mouth.

I went to my favourite snag that i pulled an 80cm off in the reel womans and sure enough my deckie was on with a nice swampy 70cm. I was using the warlock green dazzler and quickly switched to the classic pro nitro (what i got my 80cm on). Cant be out fished on my boat can I??

Not long after the 70cm was in the boat, and a few more trolls sure enough i was on!! Silly part is that i was too busy talking (typical female), stood up and thought, i think im on, but hell its heavy!! Next minute she launched!!! Then i realised I still had the boat going forward, line was peeling off....almost down to the mono under the braid....then i realised i had the ratchet loose, totally not prepared!! :banghead: Of course she went for the closest snag....and yep got herself around it! Bit of manoeuvring, and somehow...no idea how, got her off it., a biiiiig thanks to my deckie for skilful boat manoeuvring!! Couple more small runs and she was in the boat, was a close call but 101cm!!!! 8-) 8-)

Best part was that ozedodge was right there during the whole thing, slapper come round the corner and I was able to share the glory with them!! to think ozedodge was giving me advice on what bait caster to buy Jan last year......18months later i own my own boat, and got myself onto a metery!! Im the happiest or luckiest?? chick alive!!

Classic pro nitro is now my faaaaavourite lure!!

Tightlines!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Well done Rammers thats a nice fish & usually a bit of luck is needed on the biguns :mrgreen:
muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by muntzy »

Onya Rammers,
Cracker of a fish well done!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cheers:
Muntzy.
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Nice work Rammers great looking fish wasn't that long ago you were going for your first trip to the Finniss now you got it al worked out.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Well done cracker catch :clap: :clap:
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

Congrats Rammers. Always enjoy reading ya posts. Cracker fish and you've definately outdone me. Metre gods smile on me this year....

Richie
Mad KEEN!
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Congratulation Rammers!!!
:applause: :clap: :applause:

That is a fantastic fish!
:mrgreen:

I can imagine that you must still be high on it!

Have a good day,
Pecheur
lincoln
Seadog
Seadog

Post by lincoln »

Woo Hoo!! Great fish Rammers well done you must be stoked! :catch:
Takes a lot of people a long time to get their first metery and you have nailed it in no time! All the rest will be easy now ha ha :mrgreen:
cheers :drinking1:
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Nice work there.
The metrey is proving elusive for me. Best i could manage at the Daly last week was 95. I had several hook-ups of 1M plus fish but couldn’t boat them
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Far out Rammers, that's a nice fish. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Very exciting fish to watch caught - when it first launched itself I thought 'geez it's a bigun', and wasn't it just! And then to be wrapped around that snag, and have to reposition the boat, you did very well to hang onto it :clap: :clap:

Glad to have been there, all the more incentive now for me to catch one now too :grin: :grin:

thanks for the invite, had a ball down there :mrgreen:

cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Rammers, Great effort on joining that elusive club :fishy: :fishy: :fishy:

People fish along time and dont joing that club, so well done 8-) 8-) 8-)
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

YOUR A GUN GIRL!!!

Post by JewieQueen »

NICE FISH CHICK!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm still hurting from that news :rofl: Your a GUN RAMMERS! I think it's my turn next :P I bet you can't wipe that smile off your face still. Sucks i lost my big one yesterday it definatly would of creamed my personal best :(
Oh well thats fishing for ya!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ALL OVER AGAIN :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I salute you!!!! :drinking1:
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
double haul

Post by double haul »

That ill do donkey. Nice fish mate. :drinking1:
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

Nice work Rammers. First your Dad, then you! Whos next??? Me?? Hahaha good stuff.

Chop it!

:drinking1:
adam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by adam »

Congats rammers, :cheers: beautiful big fat fish :fishy: