Easter Metery

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
Kimberleyboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Easter Metery

Post by Kimberleyboy »

I was invited up to the river (Fitzroy) by an old Derby local and I knew he had a few good spots up his sleeve other than the fished out pools of telegraph and langies. So I had a feeling this was going to be a good trip, in fact I was itching for it all week at work. Since Xmas I've managed two nice 90cm Barras from fresh water section of the Fitzroy but never the magical metery but I knew I was getting close.

We left Broome around 5:30 and arrived around 730am, as soon as we arrived I knew it be a good spot Barra boofing big packs of Popeye mullet. A couple of throws of the cast net and we had enough bait to wet the lines. Lines were in and within 5 minutes I landed a nice 80cm model. :D my mate caught a nice 55cm shortly after that, then it went quite for a while. Had to gather up some more bait so went for a short walk as soon as I turned around my mates pulling in nice 75cm barra on my rod!
This happened a second time after I went to get more bait as my mate cant throw the net! :bs:

This time after I threw my line in I waited and within a few seconds I was on. A quick flash of the paddle tail and I knew I hooked something big, "shes a metery"" my mate sings out. I played extra slow even loosening up the drag as there was no snags in sight and a few hundred meters of creek. I finally pulled her in after a rather nervous fight hoping she would be a least a meter so placed her on the brag mat and she went 110. 8) happy days...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

barrabustin
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Easter Metery

Post by barrabustin »

Congrats on the metery.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Double congrats :mrgreen:
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

:mrgreen: Nice fish, well done
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Great fish, good on ya!
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Very jealous mate
alfie
Seadog
Seadog

Post by alfie »

Great fish, well done.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Nice one!!
Windy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Windy »

Having just caught my first metery 9 days ago - I know the feeling now!! Hearty congrats!!