2 metre + in one day

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
Bryan
Silver Member
Silver Member

2 metre + in one day

Post by Bryan »

After 2 hard days fishings the East on Monday and Tuesday were we only caught a few fish each day, we decided to head to the South for our last day off before getting back to work, all our focus was to get a fish over the metre mark.
On our first troll inside the mouth of Norlangie the better half was into a great fish but only to lose her in the snags, fish gone and lure also :-( .

We kept trying with out luck, but enjoyed watching one of Darren clients land a 114cm barra after a long fight.

We headed up top and spent a while casting to the boof's that were happing along the river bank and Cath landed a nice siver 65cm fish.

The temp was rising and we were making hard work of it so we headed back to Norlangie for a troll. This time I was on to a soild fish only to have the lure fail, were the metal lop that comes under the lure for the split ring to go, snaped, no hooks no fish :-(

next toll and I'm on again, this one is big and giving me plenty, I've got her out in the middle and felt like I was starting to win the battle when she went on a another run for the timber, I was determed not to let her reach the timber and thumbed her hard and "crack" like a rife shot the braid snaped. :-( :-( :banghead:

Now I was like a kid that had been told he wasn't getting any dessert and was tripping over my bottom lip as I was sure I had stuffed up my chance.

What to do bit re-rig and go again, 20 meters futher and "bang" I'm on again, she had ingulfed the lure sideways across her mouth and jumped and jumped and jumped, the guys that were in a 3.9m punt had a great look of suprise when on her first two jumps she almost landed in their boat :mrgreen: . She came in quite quickly as she tried to free her self of the lure and was in the net in 5 minutes :grin:

At 118cm she is now my PB and thanks heaps to the guys who let us use their tape measure.(the same ones that she almost jumped into their boat).
A few photos and she swam away after a bit of water running through her gills. :applause:

We were going to call it a day after that but then changed our minds and headed up to the top Rock bar for high tide as we had heard of a few big fish caught the day before.

First toll and "bang again" out jumped another big girl, a mate was fishing beside us and went "wow that's a big fish" at that moment Cath's on also and a 65cm fish leaps out. "big fish just turned into a small fish" he called out. "Double hookup" I called back laughing. Cath landed her fish as I fought the big girl that I had on. She was hooked just on the coner of her mouth and put up a huge fight, after 15 minutes she was in the net, cr.p still no tape measure over a metre in our boat, so a quick check of other boats, we found one and 110cm she went and with shouldes that were huge, over 40lbs easy.
Again a few photos and she swam away also. :mrgreen:

We tolled up a few more fish in the 65 to 75cm bracket for the esky and left them bitting as the drive back to Darwin was to come.

Enjoy the photos.

P.s To my mate that's in the UK at the moment, hope you are enjoying the weather over there :rofl:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bryan on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

thanks, I'll go and have a cry now. Another bloke gets a metery (worse! he gets 2!)! Well done anyway, even if you have ruined my sunday and made me depressed!
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Great fish, pics, report!! Awesome day Bryan!!! Well done!!!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
timwicks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by timwicks »

Awesome report Bryan. Welldone mate what a thrilling day
Wicksy

“I think I got off on the wrong planet. Beam me up Scotty, there's no rational life here."
--- Robert Anton Wilson
Dyslexics Of The World Untie.
DNO62
Seadog
Seadog

Post by DNO62 »

That is simply gold :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
skylion9
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skylion9 »

awesome fish mate,

i'm going to have to try this new "tolling" method because it seems to be producing the goods.
rammers

Post by rammers »

:applause: :applause:

all i can say is WOW!! awesome work
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

WOW great pics man :mrgreen:
UNCLDUG
Seadog
Seadog

Post by UNCLDUG »

Sounds like the kind of day dreams r made of .Unreal fish mate ,jelous as hell , lived at the south for 2 years n still couldnt do what u mob did , well done 8-) 8-) ill go back 2 livin my nightmare now :banghead: dreamin of a metry
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

Talk about kissed on the d..ck by a fairy... :shock: :shock: 2 over the meter awesome.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Fantastic!

Congratulation!!!
:applause: :clap: :applause:

Have a good day, If it can be better than that!

Pecheur
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Yeah well done

Post by fff1964 »

What a day you gotta be happy with that :clap: :clap: :clap:
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

nice fish
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

Awesome report and well done. Very Jealous!
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Well done, dream day! 8-)

Heading out there tomorrow, hope I have half the day you did! :mrgreen: