110cm barra from monduran dam

A 'kill' sticker for each metre-long barra posted ... PM your postal details to Matt Flynn.
robersl
Silver Member
Silver Member

110cm barra from monduran dam

Post by robersl »

Hi Matt
are we able to get a sticker for a dam barra here in qld if so 69 elliott st caboolture qld 4510
photo of a 110cm barra caught at Monduran dam (fred Haig dam) near gin gin qld also a 102cm photo and a 107 landed the same trip just after the full moon in september5 in hllowbellie and 107 caught on evil minnow slick rig
102 and 110 caught on
Regards Shane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by robersl on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shane
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

bl..dy hell! :applause:

If you transported an impoundment fish of that size to a tidal zone, and it survived the trip, would it become a breeder?????
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
robersl
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by robersl »

Hi Punter i don't see why it wouldn't become a breeder as they are bred from wild stock, i do not know if there is a size limit that they would stop changing sex at and you do get the odd 90 pluc fish in your billabongs that would go down stream at somestage and these fish tend to come down to the dam wall on the full moon looking to go downstream so i can not see why they would not change but i am no expert i will put this queston up in another forum that i am a member of and see what the answers come bak as

shane
Shane
robersl
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by robersl »

Well after reading the topic in the other forum it seems that yes they would breed they do roe up in the dams but abort due to not being able to breed into the salt (ect short story)and i can not see why they would not breed if given the chance

shane
Shane