Sth Gutter

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Sth Gutter

Post by max »

Is anyone heading out Sat. we will be covering some ks if the weather is ok.

Sea Reaper
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Sea Reaper »

blue water addict was working out south gutter today and they foul hooked a saillie in the guts on a sowrie intended for a mack. fought it for 2 hours then the line snapped next to the boat......gotta luv it.
Reaper
bandit

Post by bandit »

yo SR we'll have to learn how to rig some swimming baits for this upcoming billfish comp. :rofl:
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

spoke to a bloke who was at Fenton on thurs. he said there were tuna and mackeral everyehere with lots of surface activity but the bottom was really quiet.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Just home from Sth Gutter got 3 spaniards and 1 tuna all on gear ment for sails 2 of the spaniards were big suckers there were tuna everywhere out there ,little fellas.I guess there would have been 5 boats trolling for billies dont know how they went we never saw one I heard on the radio one of the charter boats had a small one on for a while.We got to the nightcliff ramp at 5.30 this morn. and those poor buggers that had been out over night had their car windows smashed ,side ,back and front ,I hope it wasnt the FFF boys that went to Melville one of the utes was a company car Vtemp aircon.people.
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

southg

Post by flicker »

how were the conditions out there today max, heading out to charles in the morning might go wider if its slow
you don't know if you don't give it a go
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Gday flicker - I was at South Gutter too - very slow billfish day, managed a coral trout and assorted reefies to stave off complete disgrace! Pinged quite a few lumps and bumps for the upcoming FISH FINDER book.

Lots of schools of small tuna, some of them well inside South Gutter towards Charles Point.

Fished Charles Point wide reef briefly on the way home and saw some good fish on the sounder but no joy - geez that reef has a lot of little sharks and a lot of baitfish.

Water at South Gutter was very clear. Perfect weather - bit of a breeze.
Saw a few boats trolling but no FFF stickers.

bl..dy billfish!
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

southg

Post by flicker »

thanks Matt, see how we go, I'd be happy chasing tuna all day ,love catching em.

Cheers Flicker :mrgreen:
you don't know if you don't give it a go
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Hey Matt what boat were you in I was keeping a look out for FFF boats but keeping my distance as some had a lot of gear out,if anyone heads out that way a lot of the boats were trolling around 12.13.087-130.31.242 thats where we got the mackeral although they are on the move and theres some ok bottom around there.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Gday Max, I was in the small white centre console - with big outriggers - and no fish jumping behind :lol: