Sails in the city

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
double haul

Sails in the city

Post by double haul »

Went for another run back to sailcity again, what can i say there is something special happening here. Rocked up at 11 on sat and in first 5 minutes nearly had a double hook up. After 15 minutes had the second one in the boat. Landed 5 for the arvo then caught a few reefies for someting to do while waitng for nanna nap time. Sunday was a little slower for us but everyone elese were catching. As for the stats we got sick of watching pods of up to 12 or so fish just crusing past us. At one stage there we were throwing plastics at them while cruising past. Over the 2 days we would have raised 50+ hooked 20 or so and landed 6 in total. One of the guides in a big blue boat even landed 2 sunday on metal slices cast at the tuna schools :shock: Saw another big marlin and thank god it didnt take a bait. As far as i know there where another 2 raised.

If anyone is half serious about landing 1 get ya arse down there asap.
Had a mate down there on sat, green as and they land 2 and raised sh*t loads.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Well done and as you say its something special makes you wonder why there are so many around there ,I guess it has to do with tucker
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by luvindafish »

Do you hav an estimated size on the marlin you saw?
double haul

Post by double haul »

Big enough to warrant takeing a tiagra 50w out. Rough guess around 100kg
unseen1
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by unseen1 »

skipping gars doing the trick or just whatever?
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

was also out there on saturday
to my surprize only 5 boats there ,would have expected to see 20 or so boats
raised a heap of sails lost count after a while
hooked 9
got 1 to the boat had a ball
also seen a small black as well of around 80 -100kg
had a massive hit and run on a classic blue water lure ,it run for about 200m then the hooks pulled out of the lure huge teeth marks in the lure now so who knows ,guess"s are it was a massive mackeral
if the wind dont blow i will be there next weekend as well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shauno
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shauno »

Thanks for the report, Providing its not blowing its ring out and the boss doesn't pull the "everyone is working over the weekend" thing I'll be there.
Hedgedbets
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hedgedbets »

Another good week end with DH on the water, have never seen sail fish in such abundance would have loved to have some dive gear to get some footage but got a few more pics from the top. :drinking1: was good to see you out on the water slapper, the drunken wench sent her pics through of her saily today. :drinking2:
G-LOOMIS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by G-LOOMIS »

WHAT DO YOU RECKON MATT???
MUNDITIS - ITS CONTAGIOUS
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

Count me in im there
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

If it was the following weekend I'd give it a crack... :mrgreen:
Got corporate tickets for the V8's this weekend so might give the fishing a miss???

Cheers
Moonman
double haul

Post by double haul »

Hey slapper nice to put another name to a face. Unseen1 ive put this up somewhere else but cant be botherd to find it. All baits where skipping on the last trip. Just cant be bothered to spend 10 minutes or so rigging up swim baits only to have them torn to shreds, eaten buy macs or just eaten buy sails. I get more enjoyment out of haveing the billies up and looking at teasers and pitching than just seeing a flash of blue. I run everything no more than 3 to 6mtrs out the back. This method of rigging gars takes me a whole minute when im half sober. Last trip i rigged up 10 baits and was rerigging later that arvo. Not to mention the next moring.
As far as im concerned at the moment anything will work. :mrgreen: